Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Unable to save the draft

Hi All,

New to Osticket.
I have an issue. When i log a log and click on create. It comes up saying "unable to save the draft refresh the current page to restore and continue draft. "
Any ideas on how to fix this issue

Comments

• Hi !

I'm having the same problem.
    But I noticed that this only happens when using Google Chrome.

With Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox this behavior didn't happen.

Is there any way to disable the save draft function ?
  • +1 same issue...
  • edited June 2014
    I've also had this today since we took our install live, 1.9.1 using ldap accounts for auth, had this popup on both new tickets and when replying to an existing ticket.

Using Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m
  • For some reason my scp/ajax.php was permission set as 600 or something after upgrade.
    This made the ajax calls fails and after changing permission to 644, this error went away.

• Thanks Tyler, but mine is already 644...
  • Same here....after upgrade to 1.9.1
  • Just wanted to give a cheeky bump to this thread as it is affecting all of us here who use Chrome as our main browser, it doesn't seem to affect IE8 though.
  • You forgot to say how annoying it is ;)
  • Sadly this still seems to be an issue with 1.9.2 aswell :(
  • This is reported on github now so hopefully we can get it tracked down and fixed:

• I have the same issue in Internet Explorer only. I just comment "alert('Unable to save draft. Refresh the current page to restore and continue your draft.');" in ".\js\redactor-osticket.js" file get rid of it.
  • I've opened a new issue on github for this since the one I posted in previously has been flagged as a question and contains some confusing info so I've tried to consolidate it into the new post here:

Which hopefully we can get acknowledged as an issue and fixed in an upcoming release :)
  • sober, 

Thank you for that info about commenting out the line.  For anyone else looking for a solution, this seems to have worked for my department using 1.9.4-RC4.  The line number for that code is 318 in wwroot/js/redactor-osticket.js.

I also commented out lines 317 and 319, which call for the popup box.  
  • last one seems to work for me as well

• > sober > I have the same issue in Internet Explorer only. I just comment "alert('Unable to save draft. Refresh the current page to restore and continue your draft.');" in ".\js\redactor-osticket.js" file get rid of it.

I thnk the fix is actually editing it to read
    Line 308 ; if (settings.url.indexOf('ajax.php.draft' ....

change the file to ajax.draft.php
    There is a file called ajax.draft.php I think it is trying to reference and failing. looks like its a typo?

• Hi Guys,
    Did we get any resolution for this problem. This problem is occurring from  a long.
  • One of my clients is also experiencing the same issue.

She is using IE.

• I'm seeing this error also in 1.9.14 when using Chrome Version 55.0.2883.75 (64-bit) on Mac and submitting a ticket as a client.

Would like to know if anyone has been able to fix this.