Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Database from 1.6ST migrate to 1.9

Hi
i got a sqldump from my database used by osticket 1.6ST version but i delete the whole system and this morning i installed the 1.9 version, do you know if its possible to use the old database with the new version 1.9?

Comments

• I don't think you can since the old database more than likely would have a different structure than v1.9

The conversion should be able to make these database adjustments as needed.
  • You can in fact use the 1.6 database.
    the 1.9 version should upgrade it for you.  I would save the back up though just incase you run into issues with the upgrade. You would simply need to change the ost-config.php file to point to the old database (and username/password), and then log into the staff side.  It should prompt you to upgrade.
  • Hi Ntozier:
    i tried to update from 1.6ST to 1.9.1 several times, clean installations with my db and always get the error:
    ------------------------------------
    If i install 1.6ST with a clean database and the upgrade to 1.9.1 i got no problems.
    Also i have zero attachments in folders.
  • also i tried this:
    I found this in another thread:
    1.6ST (Current Version) => 1.7.0 => 1.7.7 => 1.8.0.4 => 1.8.1.2

but the same error appears when i upgrade to 1.7.0