Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

"There are no tickets here." but it shows "Open (4) My Tickets (1)" at the same time

Hello.  We're on 1.9.1.  Put in some test tickets and I can see them from a customer login.  From any staff or admin login it shows the ticket quantity, but no actual tickets to view/edit/reply to anywhere.

I've checked that staff are assigned to groups and that groups are assigned to departments.  What am I missing?

Thank you

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Noticed attachment didn't post on original post.  Here it is.

tickets.png
    992 x 320 - 30K
  • What happens when you click on Open (4)?
    I ask because it says "assigned tickets" at the top of your screen and the usual ticket view doesn't say "Open Tickets".
  • If I click on anywhere it shows a ticket quantity I get the same "There are no tickets here" message.  I can even do an Advanced Search and it will return a quantity of tickets that match, but if I click on it I get the "There are no tickets here" message too.
  • Not sure if this helps.  I noticed these errors were emailed to me from the software.

[SELECT ticket.ticket_id,ticket.`number`,ticket.dept_id,ticket.staff_id,ticket.team_id, ticket.user_id ,dept.dept_name,ticket.status,ticket.source,ticket.isoverdue,ticket.isanswered,ticket.created ,CAST(GREATEST(IFNULL(ticket.lastmessage, 0), IFNULL(ticket.reopened, 0), ticket.created) as datetime) as effective_date  ,CONCAT_WS(" ", staff.firstname, staff.lastname) as staff, team.name as team  ,IF(staff.staff_id IS NULL,team.name,CONCAT_WS(" ", staff.lastname, staff.firstname)) as assigned  ,IF(ptopic.topic_pid IS NULL, topic.topic, CONCAT_WS(" / ", ptopic.topic, topic.topic)) as helptopic  ,cdata.priority_id, cdata.subject, user.name, email.address as email  FROM ost_ticket ticket  LEFT JOIN ost_user user ON user.id = ticket.user_id  LEFT JOIN ost_user_email email ON user.id = email.user_id  LEFT JOIN ost_user_account account ON (ticket.user_id=account.user_id)  LEFT JOIN ost_department dept ON ticket.dept_id=dept.dept_id  LEFT JOIN ost_staff staff ON (ticket.staff_id=staff.staff_id)  LEFT JOIN ost_team team ON (ticket.team_id=team.team_id)  LEFT JOIN ost_help_topic topic ON (ticket.topic_id=topic.topic_id)  LEFT JOIN ost_help_topic ptopic ON (ptopic.topic_id=topic.topic_pid)  LEFT JOIN ost_ticket__cdata cdata ON (cdata.ticket_id = ticket.ticket_id)  LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_priority pri ON (pri.priority_id = cdata.priority_id) WHERE ticket.user_id = 2 ORDER BY ticket.created DESC]

Unknown column 'cdata.subject' in 'field list'<br />
    <br />
    ---- Backtrace ----<br />
    #0 (root)/include/mysqli.php(169): osTicket->logDBError('DB Error #1054', '[SELECT ticket....')<br />
    #1 (root)/include/staff/templates/tickets.tmpl.php(35): db_query('SELECT ticket.t...')<br />
    #2 (root)/include/staff/user-view.inc.php(128): include('/home/myems/pub...')<br />
    #3 (root)/scp/users.php(98): require('/home/myems/pub...')<br />
    #4 {main}
  • Can anyone confirm if the above sql error is related to the tickets not displaying?  If it is, would a clean install correct the files that are causing the issue?
  • For me it seems like the data is not correctly read from the database, so maybe a database issue?

Try to find the source of the issue by first cloning database and osticket install. Next make sure the osticket config file (if I remember right it's under /include/ost_config.php) points to the cloned database. Next is to replace the osticket installation files with the ones from the original 1.9.1 download package (www.osticket.com/download). If you now see the tickets, replacing the files on your original system should solve the problem. In case you still do not see any tickets you at least know it's an database issue. Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what's wrong with your database since I have not enough played around with such database errors, but then maybe @ntozier or is able to help.

So please try with a cloned installation + database and let us know how the clone behaves.

Cheers,
    Michael

PS:
    @ntozier
    Isn't cdata some kind of caching table inside the osticket database? Referring to the following part of the error message which seems for me to be the interesting one at that whole error message: Unknown column 'cdata.subject' in 'field list'