Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

504 Gateway Time-out and Can't seem to get into anything

osTicket was set up and running OK for some time, however now I get 504 Gateway Time-out and Can't seem to get into anything.

The login screen comes up OK, I log in OK, then the first page with jobs is displayed and hangs (normally this is when it goes out to check the email) but when I click on any links it eventually returns with 504 Gateway Time-out

I have tried entering URL ./admin.php and ./profile.php but these also hang and eventually return the error

Suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Generally speaking a 504 Gateway Time-out means that one server did not receive a timely response from another server that it was accessing while attempting to load the web page or fill another request by the browser.  In this case my guess is that your web server connection to your mysql server timed out. 

I'm not sure what else it could be... unless you have your content for your webserver not on your webserver...
  • Thanks.

It does the login and brings up the first page with records really promptly. So I think the mySQL link is working OK. But then if I leave it alone eventually the 504 error appears.

Could it be anything to do with the email SMTP connection?