Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

SMTP option not visible under IIS install

Hello Everybody,

I got the OSTicket v1.91 working on Windows 2012 R2 (IIS 8.5) environment. Running the latest version of PHP and MySQL as well. Everything appears to working thus far except the SMTP email configuration. When I go to Admin Panel -> Settings -> Emails -> Under Outgoing Emails -> Default MTA drop down only lists "None: Use PHP mail function".  Using PHP mail function on IIS is not really an option I guess so I need the SMTP configured! However, I do not see any SMTP configuration on this page. Any idea why would that be? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Never mind. I found the answer to it. I had to click on the actual email address (system default or whatever) to configure the SMTP outgoing settings for that particular email address.
  • You can use PHP mail function on IIS btw.  You just need to configure your PHP appropriately.  Anyway I am glad that you found our solution.  I will close this thread, please feel free to start another one if you have another question
This discussion has been closed.