Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Ticket Submitter Not Receiving Auto Response

This is strange.  I have the latest version of OSTicket, 1.9.2

People can open a ticket via my website, /support and receive the normal autoresponse.  BUT if they email the ticket, they don't receive anything. The ticket is open and I receive notification, but the person who sends receives nothing. I have tried from various accounts and have confirmed the issue.

My settings haven't changed.  But suddenly this functionality is broken.

Please advise.

Comments

• Hello roosites,

I just tested it with the same version of osTicket v1.9.2.
    I opened a request by sending an email to my osTicket system from an external mailbox account, and I well received the alerts of new Ticket on my staff mailbox and the alert of "New ticket opening" on the external mailbox.
  • have u checked the spam folder?
  • I have checked the spam folder.  As a matter of fact, I just had a client open a ticket.  I didn't receive the ticket open email, nor did they receive the email.

The ticket is open and if I close it they receive. But the only thing is when they send the initial email to the box.

• I have the same issue. I use osTicket (v1.9.2).

The error happens when email is validated.
    includes/class.api.php
    function validateRequestStructure($data, $structure, $prefix="", $strict=true) {
    $structure[$search] - shows error in recipients field.

• I'm not seeing any actual error messages (PHP, webserver, etc) being posted, and I am not able to replicate the issue that you are reporting.