Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Ticket Deletion

Hi,

I noticed that my ticketing system is sending notifications to the patron for everything except for the deletion of tickets. When a ticket is created, a comment is posted by admin or a email is successfully sent to the system the patron is sent an email notification. But if someone goes into the system and closes of deletes a ticket, there is no notification sent to anyone in the system, internal or external. Is this an issue with my setup, or is this not a part of OSTicket's functionality.

Thanks,

Bri 

Comments

• When you/some other staff agent delete a ticket or close it there is no message send to anyone. That's the normal behavior.

To send a message to the ticket creator/owner you need to reply to the ticket and check/tick on the checkbox "Close on reply". Then the ticket is closed and the ticket owner is notified about ticket was closed.