Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Canned Responses - Showing online, but not sent via email!

I'm using osTicket v1.9.2, php 5.3.3 on CentOS 6.5.  I created a canned response, then created a filter and selected that canned response to be sent on a match. I selected "Emails" as the Target Channel. In the Settings--Knowledge Base, the "Enable Canned Responses" checkbox is checked.

The canned response is being posted to every ticket that comes in via email and matches the filter. However, the user is not getting the canned response via email. The user is getting an email generated by the "New ticket auto-reply" template (HTML version).

Incidentally, variables are broken in this template as well. I posted that in another topic, but I wonder if it may be related somehow.

Jack

Comments

  • Update/correction: I said that the variables were not working in this template, but that's only partially correct. The "base variables" do indeed work. It may be that the "other variables" do not work in this context.  I'm heading back to the wiki for info.

    Still no progress on getting the auto response sent via email, but it was working yesterday.  If I can figure out what I changed, that's the answer. But I did not change anything that SHOULD have affected auto responses.

    Jack
  • The user is getting an email generated by the "New ticket auto-reply" template (HTML version). Incidentally, variables are broken in this template as well. I posted that in another topic, but I wonder if it may be related somehow.
    This looks like a monologue so far. ;)  But I'll continue so that it may help someone else, or may perhaps eventually get answers to the parts that I can't fix.

    And I discovered that is indeed related.  This is happening because the system is not expanding all the variables.

    I had removed %{response} from my auto-reply template because it was not expanding. I added it back in and for some reason it's now working, and my response is now included in the emailed auto-reply.  I'm unable to include the user's original message because it still fails to expand %{message}.  Oddly, both of these variables are listed in the "Other Variables" section of the help text.

    FWIW, I do my editing in the "HTML" (source) view, so that I can see if variables are broken up by html markup.

    Jack
Sign In or Register to comment.