Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

OS Ticket, gmail and 1and1 hosting

Hello,

I am having some troubles with OS ticket. I have it set up and working correctly for the main ticketing system. I am trying to configure it so when someone emails whatever@gmail.com (an account already created) that it will automatically create a ticket. I also want to be able to reply from the ticket and it email the person back from our whatever@gmail account.

When setting up the settings I was able to get the IMAP settings working. I can create a ticket in OS ticket and it will email my personal email but I cannot receive emails from the gmail account and have them pull into OS ticket. I have tried a ton and its not wanting to go.

I attached a SMTP settings from OSTicket and what gmail said to use. I tried both ports and they did not work either. Any advice?

Comments

smtp settings.PNG
    1579 x 329 - 47K
  • Try changing your host name to ssl://smtp.gmail.com
  • Still no luck? I wonder if the web host is blocking it :(
    465.PNG
    778 x 208 - 14K
    587.PNG
    829 x 223 - 14K
  • imageimage
    465.PNG
    778 x 208 - 14K
    587.PNG
    829 x 223 - 14K
  • edited July 2014
    We use GMail and don't use the "ssl:"

Just smtp.gmail.com.

Other than that, same setup.

Port 587 as well. 

We do NOT use "Header Spoofing", though.

Not an answer, just wanted to verify that it is working for us.
  • Thanks FarmersWPSD, I have tried that as well and it did not work, which means im guessing that the hosting 1and1 is blocking the ports. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back from them to get this resolved. It should be easy set up.
    587 fail.PNG
    784 x 221 - 13K
  • We use GMail and don't use the "ssl:" Just smtp.gmail.com. Other than that, same setup. Port 587 as well.  We do NOT use "Header Spoofing", though. Not an answer, just wanted to verify that it is working for us.
    do you use 1and1 hosting as well?
  • I use 1&1 hosting and it works fine for me.
    The system emails are the also hosted by 1&1... Easy & fast setup!

• Capture.PNG
    506 x 250 - 12K