Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Create filter that assigns to a custom attribute?

I'm trying to create a filter that adds a custom attribute (Company) to filtered tickets. Using v1.9.2 I've been able to create a Custom List (Company) under Manage/Lists. I've added this to the Ticket Filters Filter Actions by editing the filter.inc.php file as shown below. The dropdown menu that is created does reference the correct SQL table as the companies I added to the Custom List populate the pulldown menu. When I create a filter and select one of the companies and click Save Changes it saves, but then that field is not actually saved - when I look at all the other fields the pulldown menus are still holding the attributes I selected and saved except the Company filter which is now blank.

Any help you could provide would  be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Here's the code I added to filter.inc.php right before the Help Topic entry in that file:

<?php     // Insert here to add company to the auto ticket assingment. This requires that a Custom List
              // with the Companies listed under Items has already been created in the osTicket web interface. ?>
        <tr>
            <td width="180">
                Company:
            </td>
            <td>               
                <select name="companyid">
                    <option value="">&mdash; Select Company &mdash;</option><?php
                    $sql='SELECT id, value FROM `OST_LIST_ITEMS` ORDER by value';
                    if(($res=db_query($sql)) && db_num_rows($res)) {
                        while(list($id,$value)=db_fetch_row($res)) {
                            $selected=($info['companyid'] && $id==$info['companyid'])? 'selected="selected"' : '';
                            echo sprintf('<option value="%s" %s>%s</option>',$id, $selected, $value);
                        }}?>
                </select>               
                &nbsp;<span class="error">*&nbsp;<?php echo
                $errors['value']; ?></span><i class="help-tip icon-question-sign" href="#company_name"></i>
            </td>
        </tr>

Comments

• Ok. More progress. By the way, I'm brand new to PHP and to code in general - so this has been a slow process for me. I've now got the correct SQL data populating the dropdown menu. It pulls the individual items from my Custom List into the dropdown. However when I select Save Changes the selected company is not saved. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Here's the new code that has the list items showing up in the dropdown:

<tr>
                <td width="180">
                    Company:
                </td>
                <td>
                    <select name="companyid">
                        <option value="">&mdash; Select Company &mdash;</option><?php
                        $sql='SELECT id, list_id, value FROM `OST_LIST_ITEMS` WHERE `list_id`="1" ORDER BY value' ;
                        if(($res=db_query($sql)) && db_num_rows($res)) {
                            while(list($id,$list_id,$value)=db_fetch_row($res)) {
                                $selected=($info['companyid'] && $id==$info['companyid'])? 'selected="selected"' : '';
                                //if (!$list_id)
                                    //$list_id .= ' (1)';
                                echo sprintf('<option value="%s" %s>%s</option>', $id, $selected, $value);
                            }}?>
                    </select>               
                    &nbsp;<span class="error">*&nbsp;<?php echo
                    $errors['value']; ?></span><i class="help-tip icon-question-sign" href="#company_name"></i>
                </td>
            </tr>
  • Don't know if you end up making it work, but you also need to do changes in the class.filter.php
  • I never got this to function - beyond my coding skills (osTicket mods are my first codign attempt). I tried editing the class.filter.php but must be missing something as I still couldn't get it to work.