Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Reply to a customer

I i write a response to a customer using the webportal, (a few lines with a carriage return) The email  the customer gets is showed one sentence After another showing no returns in the text.  I have to write in HTML code to get the carriage returns in the text.

Is it possible to make the reply (response) text field be a rich text editor ??

Comments

• If you enable HTML ticket threads it is a rich text editor.
  • @ntozier : thanks for your reply

its allready set to :  "Enable rich text in ticket thread and autoresponse emails."
    Is this the right setting ?
  • Yes.  Then you are using the rich text/html editor.
  • So .. that is not working . When i reply on a ticket using the web portal, all sentenses are on after another not showing returns
  • edited July 2014
    Just installed OS Ticket (newest version) on my own domain .... confirmed that rich text is enabled .
    Created a test ticket en in the ticket 1 added a response with some returns in it.

In the mail all retuns are dissapeared and also in the ticket itself the returns in my response are gone

• The editor (to give a response on a ticket) is not rich text.
    It's just a notepad parsing HTML code...
    rich text is for example the text field where i type this message in .. with a proper toolbar and so on.
  • @ntozier : It would be nice to make the response field a rich text editor so my staff don't have to type HTML code in order to type a readable message to a customer.
  • edited July 2014
    Admin panel -> Settings -> Tickets -> Enable HTML Ticket Thread

when you open a ticket the text box should look like this:

• edited July 2014
    This is very strange .. Admin panel -> Settings -> Tickets -> Enable HTML Ticket Thread  is set to on.
    however ,, i do not see the rich text like the screenshot you posted.

I reinstalled OSTicket .. removed the setting, then setitng it again ... but no rich text on creating a new ticket of porsting a response.

Im currently running the latest version of OS Ticket
  • edited July 2014
    just posted this bug on github
  • edited July 2014
    let me try to post a screenshot
This discussion has been closed.