Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Email response to is not being sent

Hello

I am sure I am simply missing something but when I respond to an ticket via the OSTICKET the person is not getting the email response. I had the check their spam folder and its not there. Any advice?

Thanks
George

Comments

• edited July 2014
    version of osTicket?
    Admin panel -> Settings -> Autoresponder -> New Message enabled?
    Have you test it with multiple accounts?
    How do you have email configured? [phpmail or smtp]
    Have you tried switching to the other?

You should probably read and follow: Please read before requesting assistance.
  • I cannot find how to switch to smtp there's no pull down for it. It simply shows the image below. Let me know if I goofed on anything. Thanks in advance

Outgoing Emails: Default email only applies to outgoing emails without SMTP setting.
    Default MTA:                     None: Use PHP mail function                                         
  • Admin panel -> Emails -> your email -> Sending Email via SMTP
  • Ok I set it to SMTP and I tested it using test email using Diagnostic. So far no one seems to get an email.

On a side note I do get emails but they show up in my spam folder when I test it using alternative emails

Anyway to stop that.

ON a side note amazing product!!

G
  • One more I check the logs and see this error whenever I sent it. I have changed the domain for the protection of the site

Unable to email via SMTP:mail.domain.com:25 [webmaster@domain.com] Failed to set sender:webmaster@domain.com [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1))]

Any advice
    George

• Your email server is not allowing webmaster@domain.com to send mail through it.  Sounds like a use account permission issue on the mail server... or perhaps the mail server doesn't want the mail server to talk to it.  Either way this sounds like a configuration issue on the mail server side to me.