Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

osTicket workflow question

I am looking to configure a system for our service desk.  I looked at redmine, JIRA, SIT, RT; so far osTicket looks most promising in terms of flexibility, features, ease of use, easy to maintain.  But I am still struggling to configure proper workflow.

attached is a workflow diagram I am trying to achieve.  Is it possible to configure osTicket to achieve it?

Some definitions:

Incident
  • Something is broken or about to break.
  • Repair as quickly as possible.
  • Open incidents are measured against SLAs.
  • Highest Priority

Problem
  • Underlying “root-cause.”
  • Remains open until underlying issue is resolved.
  • Open Problems are not measured against SLAs.
  • Creates “work-arounds.”

Request
  • Routine pleas for help – but nothing is broken. 
  • These include items like “can you tell me Joe Blow’s phone number”, “can you unlock my account”, and “will you reset my password.”

Comments

• I don't see any problems based on your diagram.

You can actually do some work flow shaping by letting users pick a help topic. (password reset, web page issue, etc) which could automatically assign the ticket to a certain department, or set your SLA for that ticket, etc.
  • I don't see a problem archiving it either, beside the things that @ntozier already mentioned, it is also possible to e.g. send auto-replies to kb article to the user or "ask" the user for additional info using forms when he/she creates the ticket.