Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Response messages all go to SPAM

Hi 

Finally got email rolling but have run into a weird issue. All the email from OSTICKET goes right to everyone's SPAM folder. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Can you please provide more info like which mail setup is used or which mail client is used (Outlook, Google, etc.). Also see here: http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/77765/please-read-before-requesting-assistance#latest
  • I would need to send the link privately. The spam seems to be in gmail but I would suspect other services as well because we are getting emails from people saying they have not received a response but it shows sent.

Using SMTP to send.

Here's the information:
    v1.9.1 (0e29c8d)
    Server SoftwareApache/2.4.9 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9
    PHP Version5.4.29
    MySQL Version5.5.37
    PHP Extensions
    gdlibUsed for image manipulation and PDF printing
    imapUsed for email fetching
    xmlXML API
    xml-domUsed for HTML email processing
    jsonImproves performance creating and processing JSON
    gettextImproves performance for non US-English configurations
    mbstringHighly recommended for non western european language content
  • Have people white list email from your domain?
    Switch from phpmail to SMTP for email delivery?
    I don't really see your emails being marked as spam as a osTicket issue.
  • I agree with @ntozier. Seems not to be an osTicket issue since osTicket can't control any providers spam filter or something similar and when the mails are probably send out, the handling of that mail is then done by the provider of the mailbox (e.g. Google, Yahoo, etc.) and not by osTicket anymore.