Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Install - blank page upon installation setup

Hi All,
I have successfully uploaded all of files to my web server, but when I navigate to /setup I receive a blank page. (Chrome)  When I use Internet Explorer it states there is a 500 Internal Server error.  I am running php 5.4.30 .   I am running another instance of OsTicket ver 1.9 with another domain on the same web server (Linux).  Any reason why this may be happening?  Or am I completely missing something?

Thank you

Comments

• You will need to check your PHP error log for errors, or turn on error display in osTicket.  Generally speaking a blank page really only shows up if there is PHP error stoping things.

Instructions on how to turn on error displaying are here:
    http://tmib.net/osticket-v19x-frequently-asked-questions-faq#2
  • edited July 2014
    Here is what my log states:
    [23-Jul-2014 12:12:35] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home2/username/public_html/clients/bgcollaborate/ticket/include/class.plugin.php on line 122
    [23-Jul-2014 12:56:59] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home2/username/public_html/clients/bgcollaborate/ticket/include/class.plugin.php on line 122
  • That type of error (unexpected T_STATIC) usually happens when your webserver is not utilizing PHP 5.3+ for the site. Do you have more than one version of PHP installed on the server?  You may need to use a .htaccess to tell it to specifically use 5.3+.
  • That was it :)

Thanks for the help Ntozier.

• Very welcome. :)  I'll mark this as resolved and close it. 

If you have another question please feel free to start a new thread. :)
This discussion has been closed.