Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Adding existing users to existing organizations

Am I doing this all wrong?  I have a fairly new osTicket set up.  I have some users installed and have created some organizations.  What I can not figure out is how to add users to an organization once the user and organization are created.   Also is it possible to move a user from one organization to another without moving their old tickets?   ie:  Employee moves from one client company to another....

Comments

• Q: Am I doing this all wrong?
    A: Not sure.

Q: What I can not figure out is how to add users to an organization once the user and organization are created.
    A: see below
    To add a user to an Organization.
    Staff Panel -> Users -> User Directory.
    Click on user.
    Click "Add Organization"

-OR-

Staff Panel -> Users -> Organization
    Click "Add User"

Q: Also is it possible to move a user from one organization to another without moving their old tickets?
    A: I honestly have no idea, I have never tried.  My immediate thought is yes you can easily move users from one Org to another, however their tickets are still their tickets.  Not the organizations, so they would "move" with them.

• Hi ntozier, I know this was an old question so I'm hoping you will spot this reply. You say you think it's possible to move a user from one org to another but you don't say how it could be done. Could you please give me an idea of how it could be done? I'm using v1.10-RC.2.

Many thanks
  • v1.10-RC.2 should be upgrade to v1.10-RC3.  RC2 was extremely buggy.

Go to Agent panel -> Users.
    Click on the user
    Click on Add Organization.
    Select the Org you want.

If they are already in an Org, click on their Org and click Change.

-OR-

Go to Agent panel -> Organizations
    Click Add User
    Search for the user and click Add User.

To remove people you can tick them and click remove.
  • Many thanks ntozier! I didn't spot that option.. Nor did I realise that RC3 was available so I will update to that today.

Thanks again.
  • Very welcome. :)

Should I mark this thread as resolved?
  • Yes please go ahead and mark it resolved..

One general question though, is there any paid for support options for osticket for self hosted users? I would like to support its on going development and paying for support seems like a good way to me.
  • There is commercial support available.  I personally have never used it, but they talk about it here:
    http://osticket.com/commercial-support

This discussion has been closed.