Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Mobile template

Hi all,
I wanted to add support ticket from my mobile site as well, so I made some changes to the /client/ template files.
Just copy your working OSticket installation directory to your mobile site and over write the files from the attached zip

Hope someone will find it useful.

Comments

• I copied over the client directory with your files, but I cannot understand how to use the mobile version.

Is that simply for opening a ticket or for the admin side?

Can't wait to use it!
  • I only made the client area. I think I saw somewhere here someone already made mobile admin template or stripped down css

I have different site for my mobile users, so my support section on main domain is domain.tld/support and for mobile site its m.domain.tld/support

I copied all the files from my working standard site and tweaked them. so I only have one /include/client directory on mobile site.

sorry its not out-of-the-box kind of mod. maybe I need to work on it better when I get some spare time.
  • I understand but if I had overwritten the client files with your files, the site should have come up as a mobile version, correct?

It didn't seem to have change.

www.realitguy.com/help
  • yes you should see the changes once you overwrite the files. check your path.

However, I do see I was missing the main index.php file maybe that's why you don't see the changes.

please re-download the updated file in first post. it is much cleaner and I removed all my personal site stuff.

this should work out of the box :)
  • This is nice for creating and managing tickets for users.

Any plans to implement this for admin side?

Something similar for viewing and replying to tickets.
  • sorry I don't plan on making any. I'm happy with my desktop side for admin. just needed to add this to complement my mobile site template.

but it shouldn't take too long to make one if you want to give it a go. just need to replace the html with jquery mobile template layout and tweak a bit.

I think the client side took me 1.5 hrs with eclipse.
  • Mobile Version of whole site.

I was inspired by this guy, so I finished his project. Check it out.

http://thefakemiked.wordpress.com/os-ticket-mobile-v1-1/

cheers,

Mike D
  • do I need some db along with it or will all the information be sent to some email address
  • Hi Friend,

have you done any modification and updates for this mobile template?
    sinbad;28131 said:
    Hi all,
    I wanted to add support ticket from my mobile site as well, so I made some changes to the /client/ template files.
    Just copy your working OSticket installation directory to your mobile site and over write the files from the attached zip

Hope someone will find it useful.