Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Problem installing osTicket

I am following the installation instructions at http://osticket.com/wiki/installation and am stuck at the section headed "Using Installation Script". When I enter the URL into my browser I just get a directory listing and don't know what to do next.  I can't see anything that looks like an installation script.  How do I progress beyond this point ?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    How do I progress beyond this point ?
    By telling us more about your installation.  We don't know what your OS is, your version of PHP, or even your version of osTicket. It might also help to tell us who is hosting your site, along with any info like Plesk, CPanel,etc.

Jack
  • It sounds like your web server is not serving index.php files by default.
  • It sounds like your web server is not serving index.php files by default.
    Looks like your crystal ball works better than mine. I'm betting you're exactly right.  Just like when somebody gets one letter on Wheel of Fortune, and solves it! ;)

Jack
  • In the default document list in IIS management index.php is the first item enabled in the list. Is this what you are referring to?  If not then what do you mean by "web server is not serving index.php files by default" ?

The OS is server 2008 R2.  PHP is 5.3, MariaDB is 5.5, osTicket is 1.9.2 all of which is referenced as recommended in the installation document quoted in my original post. osTicket is being installed on an internal server for our own company internal use. 

"Plesk, CPanel etc" _ I don't know what you mean by these.  Are you saying it's something I should have installed ?  All I'm trying to do is install osTicket on an internal server following the instructions supplied on the osTicket website.  I have never used php before.  I am a beginner at this, never installed osTicket before and am looking for help so I can use the product.  Please remember Jack that you were a beginner once yourself; replies of an insolent nature are not helpful when people are struggling to understand something new.  You criticise me for not supplying enough information and yet your answers do the same - I do not know what Plesk & CPanel are - please explain. Also, if you think the answer is "web server is not serving index.php files" then please explain this and how to put it right.

• OK, have now found the answer.
    2 things,
    1 - directory browsing was enabled and needs to be disabled
    2 - installation instructions are not strictly correct.  Under the 'Using Installation Script' heading the URL should read http://www.yourdomain.com/upload/setup for a windows server.
  • RE: 2 - installation instructions are not strictly correct.  Under the 'Using Installation Script' heading the URL should read http://www.yourdomain.com/upload/setup for a windows server.

This totally depends on how and where you setup the site and what directory (if other than the webroot) that you put the files in.