Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Staff not to see closed tickets

Hi Guys,
 Would anyone be able to shed some light on this please?
I am setting up a junior staff member , is there a way of setting them up, so that they cannot see the CLOSED TICKETS?

Cheers

Jeff

Comments

• But they can still reply to open and also respond to new tickets.

• Quoting myself:

Did you set these agents to only see tickets that are assigned to them?

If yes, have a quick look here

http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/comment/85018/#Comment_85018

If not, please provide additional info like what permissions the agent(s) have and so on, since I guess it's just a permissions problem.
  • Let me explain how we want it to work:

We have 4 staff members, let's call them A B C and D

A B and C are senior members of staff and they can have access to all new / open and closed tickets. (existing employees)

D is a junior (and a new employee) and we this person to only be able to see:

New tickets / Open tickets (regardless to who they are assigned to)

We do not want them to see closed tickets (before they were an employee)

Currently when a customer sends in a ticket it does not get assigned to anyone, therefore we want A B C and D to be able to see this ticket and be able to reply to it.

Can this be done?

Thank you.

• Ok now I understand.

I guess that this is currently not possible... but you could do a work-around which would cause a little extra work for your staff members A B and C.

The workaround I am think of is the following:
    - For each "Department" you can create a "CLOSED_Department". 
    - Every time your agent now closing a ticket, the should first transfer it to the "CLOSED_Department", and then closes it
    - When your staff members A B C and D have access to the "Deparment", you just give A B and C access to the "CLOSED_Department", so that that the junior member D can't access the "CLOSED_Department".

So in case this workaround is ok for you / your staff agents you can try it ;)
    Otherwise (with built-in group permissions) I guess it's not possible to limit the access in the way you want it.
  • Thank you for your help, I think it isn't going to work, but thank you any way :-)