Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Better Osticket Reporting

Hi Peeps

I have not tried every MySql tool to assist me to get better reporting or more detailed reporting for osticket but no luck.

I would like to ask if there is anyone who has created there own reporting script to suite there business needs , if yes please respond to this thread or contact me on jason.kleinhans[at]gmail[dot]com

what i would like to see is the following in my reports:

Tickets per department: let me give an example , tickets per deparment must not give me just figures i need detail. it must show me

TicketID | Department | Helptopic | Subject | ticket count , for the month , year , day and week.

and so i need the same for Tickets Per Staff , Tickets Per Client , Tickets Per HelpTopic

the detail will differ from report to report for the Ticket per Helptopic i need to know how many Networking or Application tickets did we receive per month , day , week and year and within this reports i need to have the staff list who worked on the ticket and when it was created and when it was closed

Comments

• You should check out ScottRo's Reports Mod. Its posted here in the MODs section and the latest version is always available at his web site:

http://sudobash.net/ostickets-reports/
  • What is the difference in Version 5 , i dont see any detailed reporting , that is numbers i am looking for something specific when i pull a report i want to see

TicketID | Name of Client | Helptopic |Subject | Date created | Ticket Count
  • Deparments

The other issue i have is with the selection of departments , if i client logs a ticket and select their department why does it default to the IT department all the time , it never stays at the clients department and the IT must transfer the dept to the correct dept , why is this , is there a fix for this , as this is very frustrating
  • As to what is different in version 5, you would have to read the change log. I know that a lot of the code was re-written, and a report was fixed, and he added the ability to email reports to people... other wise thats a question for scottro.

As far as the default department, if you go to Admin panel -> Settings -> Default Department: you can select what you want the default department to be. I do not know if there is a way to disable this functionality with out changing the code, because quite plainly I haven't touched that section in... ages. I imagine that if you set it to the default (ie non department entry that it might disable it).
  • Reporting

Ntozier

Maybe i was not clear explaing my issue with reporting on Osticket

I would like to see detailed information that is more clearer to understand instead of looking at the amount of tickets per month , per department , tickets closed or open that is all numeric numbers

i want to see who logged the call , who was assigned , what was the helptopic about (detailed info) the subject of the call this must appear on all my reporting selections, the php code can be altered to do this and write the correct information to the DB tables

V5 also does not do the trick

Osticket is a very nice system but most people are more concern about reporting to assist them in better managing their helpdesk staff
    with this kind of reporting you not getting anywhere
    no one wants to look at numbers , they want detail information
  • jasonk;29064 said:
    Ntozier

Maybe i was not clear explaing my issue with reporting on Osticket

I would like to see detailed information that is more clearer to understand instead of looking at the amount of tickets per month , per department , tickets closed or open that is all numeric numbers

i want to see who logged the call , who was assigned , what was the helptopic about (detailed info) the subject of the call this must appear on all my reporting selections, the php code can be altered to do this and write the correct information to the DB tables

V5 also does not do the trick

Osticket is a very nice system but most people are more concern about reporting to assist them in better managing their helpdesk staff
    with this kind of reporting you not getting anywhere
    no one wants to look at numbers , they want detail information

while I too have mentioned in the past that I feel that certain elements of OSTicket reporting are missing I simply cannot agree with you that the reports generated by the reporting MOD for OSTicket are not of use. I recently added a Mod to the mods and customizations forum which has helped my reporting from OSticket a great deal. I am able to classify each of my requests into a 4-teir categorization system. When I couple this with the ticket linking MOD (same post) I am able to identify common issues as well as better classify them. Really at the end of the day this type of reporting is simply Incident Management & Problem Management and truly doesn't address the management of staff (As you've pointed out) but is in fact EXTREMELY useful.

In addition, You seem to be looking for a feature in all of your reports which I for one see as not needed. Adding who opened a ticket, who logged the ticket (which in some cases is automated if done via email) and detailed help topic info. in a report I just see as overkill. If you're trying to identify your top 20 ticket generators (customers) then you need to build that report template with the set columns which make sense for that report for you. If you're trying to generate a report for the staff & number of tickets Assigned VS. closed (which one of many reports used in productivity reporting) then the same comment holds true, build the report template to suit and your good to go.
  • help

I am having difficulty with this mod. I use cpanel on my website with myphpadmin and i cannot get the new reports table in the ost_ticket database. I am new to this and would appreciate any help on adding this through myphpadmin. step by step for newbie please:) and thank you
  • tanza14;29111 said:
    I am having difficulty with this mod. I use cpanel on my website with myphpadmin and i cannot get the new reports table in the ost_ticket database. I am new to this and would appreciate any help on adding this through myphpadmin. step by step for newbie please:) and thank you

1. open PHP My admin
    2. click on the osticket DB on the left
    3. click the SQL button
    4. copy the following and paste it into the REALLY BIG text box:

CREATE TABLE `ost_reports` (
    `3d` TINYINT NOT NULL ,
    `graphWidth` INT NOT NULL ,
    `graphHeight` INT NOT NULL ,
    `resolution` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
    `viewable` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

5. at the very bottom of the window there should be a 'go' button click it.

I usually just re-click the SQL button because I only like adding one thing at a time.

Copy the code below: (again paste it into the REALLY BIG text box)

INSERT INTO `ost_reports` (`3d`, `graphWidth`, `graphHeight`, `resolution`, `viewable`) VALUES ('1', '400', '240', 'hours', 'admins');

And click go.

I am assuming the MOD you were having troubles with was Reports 5.0. The code above was lifted from the documentation for 5.0.
  • thank you so much that was so easy...do i need to do anything with the pchart? again dont know much about this at all
  • Hi Rich I am getting this error now.. any idea

Welcome back,
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getUsername() on a non-object in /home/tanza14/public_html/osticket/include/staff/header.inc.php on line 30
  • Reporting

Look at the attachment and please tell me if this make sense , why must i look at how many calls were logged per month , day , year , staff , client , i need details of what the call was about , what the subject was ect
    if you submit this report into a meeting it will be kicked out cos they cannot do anything with it
    report.jpg
    498 x 280 - 15K
  • thanks!
    ntozier;28315 said:
    You should check out ScottRo's Reports Mod. Its posted here in the MODs section and the latest version is always available at his web site:

http://sudobash.net/ostickets-reports/
    I installed this today and it looks great!
  • I have managed to integrate ScottRo's Reports that was designed for v1.6 with osticket v1.7, had to make some changes to the codes and finally it worked. I just have to verify if data is correct. contact me on [email]merali780@gmail.com[/email] for the codes.

Hello, any one having the good understanding of the Steve's report, can help me.
    When I select 'ticket per help topic' under report type and submit, there is a help topic which is called 'none', and I really do not want it to appear.
    Anyone with a fresh idea?

Rich_C;29112 said:
    1. open PHP My admin
    2. click on the osticket DB on the left
    3. click the SQL button
    4. copy the following and paste it into the REALLY BIG text box:

CREATE TABLE `ost_reports` (
    `3d` TINYINT NOT NULL ,
    `graphWidth` INT NOT NULL ,
    `graphHeight` INT NOT NULL ,
    `resolution` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
    `viewable` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

5. at the very bottom of the window there should be a 'go' button click it.

I usually just re-click the SQL button because I only like adding one thing at a time.

Copy the code below: (again paste it into the REALLY BIG text box)

INSERT INTO `ost_reports` (`3d`, `graphWidth`, `graphHeight`, `resolution`, `viewable`) VALUES ('1', '400', '240', 'hours', 'admins');

And click go.

I am assuming the MOD you were having troubles with was Reports 5.0. The code above was lifted from the documentation for 5.0.
  • Do you have to pay for this sudobash report? It mentioned u need to pay only he will email the zip file over
  • @joepow I believe that he expects a donation for his hard work.  Please address this with the author of the mod.

Also please do not zombie posts.
This discussion has been closed.