Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Allow Clients to view re-assignment/transfer info in ticket thread

This may be possible, but I cannot figure out how to do it within the UI at least.  I haven't delved in to the PHP just yet.  Also, I'm using 1.9.2 at the moment. 

It would be nice to have an option to allow updates that post internally to a ticket to be viewed by end-users.  For example, if I am a Client and I submit a ticket to the Business Office, I would like to be able to see that the ticket was re-assigned to the Purchasing department, or assigned to John Q. Financial for review.  This would help keep the process transparent and make staff more accountable.

At the moment, status changes such as department transfers and assignments are posted in the ticket thread as internal notes, so the Client cannot see the update.  

Comments

• We use canned responses.
  • You would want to use canned responses to do this.  Internal notes are just that internal.  They are more for things that the client doesn't necessarily care about, or need to know.