Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Add the ticket ID to the new ticket alert email subject line to prevent gmail "conversationing"

In gmail, completely different ticket's being created are being bundled up in the conversation view so that it confuses staff into thinking it is part of a reply or something. However, if you were to add the ticket ID to the "New Ticket Alert" subject line, it will no longer be bundled up into a conversation with other "New Ticket Alert" emails. They would be separate emails to signify it is an isolated new thing being created.

Comments

• Should be a fairly simple code change mate.

Open include/class.ticket.php

Find line: 915 for clients:

$email->sendAutoReply($this->getEmail(), $msg['subj'], $msg['body'],

line 935 for staff:

$email->sendAlert($cfg->getAdminEmail(), $alert['subj'], $alert['body'], null, $options);

Change the $msg['subj'] and $alert['subj'] bits and prepend the ticket's id:

$msg['subj']. ' ' . $this->getId()

So, for example, the staff line might look like:

$email->sendAlert($cfg->getAdminEmail(), $alert['subj'] . ' ' . $this->getId(), $alert['body'], null, $options);

You could even use extra formatting:

$email->sendAlert($cfg->getAdminEmail(), $alert['subj'] . '. [' . $this->getId() . ']', $alert['body'], null, $options);

Not sure if you can add it to the template using variables, I default to code..

YMMV, above is untested.
  • Yeah but I heard that modifying the code is a nightmare when udating/upgrading this ticket system. So I would probably avoid all modifications of any kind.
  • Meh, if you upgrade and are missing this "feature", you can simply make the mod again, or, propose the change on github and it could be rolled into the next release?
  • @Grizly -  I'm honestly surprised (given how long you've been posting in the forum) that you didn't suggest modifying the template, via gui, to add the ticket number. All you need to do is add [#%{ticket.number}] to the new ticket alert template (Admin Panel > Emails > Templates) - no code modification required.
  • I suspected.. but didn't even look it up.. /me hangs head.
  • @Grizly -  I'm honestly surprised (given how long you've been posting in the forum) that you didn't suggest modifying the template, via gui, to add the ticket number. All you need to do is add [#%{ticket.number}] to the new ticket alert template (Admin Panel > Emails > Templates) - no code modification required.
    Absolutely perfect! Thanks. I am still getting to grips with everything.