Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

No alert is sent to the user when the staff closes a ticket.

I found that there is no alert sent to the user when a staff closes a ticket. How can I set up osTicket to create such an alert?

Thank you!

Comments

• You cannot.
    There is no "Close ticket alert".

What you can do is use a canned response (or write something) and tick the close on reply box.
  • I have the same wish. In version 1.7.x i found a mod that worked very well. 

Not sure how it will work in 1.9.4 since i installed it a couple of hours ago.
  • does this mod work in 1.9.4. I fear if this feature isn't avaiable I won't be using osticket
  • Mods generally do not function between versions with out tweaking.
    That thread was started in Sept 2012 and for an old version, so to answer your question, I doubt it.
  • Then is this a closed alert avaiable in the new version
  • Hi @ntozier

Upgraded to 1.9.4 (latest) yesterday. "Close on reply" is no longer visible. Is this a setting in any way? Or has it been removed? 
  • @laabak:
    Please do not hijack other peoples threads.
    I use this feature daily personally.  Its been changed to a drop down box where you select the desired status of the ticket. You would also want to make sure that your user accounts group has "Can Close" permissions.
    Admin panel -> Agents -> Groups -> Your group -> Can Close Tickets (enabled).

• I am closing this thread since the thread owner hasn't responded since opening it.
This discussion has been closed.