Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Can you customize the URL link on your osticket to show your company name

Hey folks - i'm a newbie so I will try to limit my "endless" questions as I navigate through setting this up for a friend.
Tooooooooooooooo  many years out of tech support :-) but totally appreciate any and all assistance.... and a little note inserted here "thank god for forums" :-)

Comments

• By that I mean put a company Title - Like Jude's Help desk etc... or does it just show the standard
    Support Centre - Welcome to the Support Centre  mucho thanks
  • You did not tell us what version you have, but if it's the current version:

Admin panel...
    Settings tab...
    Company tab...
    --Company name--

Jack
  • Hey Jack - mucho thanks - I didn't see that setting.

I see this on the Settings section - 

System Preferences and Settings  (v1.6 ST)

I was also wondering IF because this is an add-on software provided by my Hosting company are some of the features not all there??

Thanks again for your input.

Jude
  • 1.6 is ancient, and you should upgrade to current.
    If memory serves me correctly that text is actually an image and you can replace it with your own custom image.

note: moving thread to 1.6 section of the forums.
  • Hey ntozier - thanks - didn't realize it was ancient.
    I've sent a query into my host provider but wanted to also ask you.

the osticket is an add on via my Hosting company - they were only showing the 
    1.6.r0-1 version
    I'm right at the beginning of setting this up - so it doesn't matter if I start from scratch or not.
    Do I have to have my hosting provider where I have my domain hosted update THEIR version first as they are hosting my domain?
    I know for example with Wordpress - even though I have that also on their domain - whenever i log into Wordpress itself it allows me to update to the latest version.  I'm guessing osticket is not like that?

Thanks again ntozier :-)
  • Do I have to have my hosting provider where I have my domain hosted update THEIR version first as they are hosting my domain? I know for example with Wordpress - even though I have that also on their domain - whenever i log into Wordpress itself it allows me to update to the latest version.  I'm guessing osticket is not like that? Thanks again ntozier :-)
    That's really two questions.

First, even if your hosting provider agrees to update (this time), they probably won't update their version often enough for you. Whether you can install and maintain your own copy is a question for them.

Second, unlike Wordpress, this product does not have an internal mechanism to update itself (yet).

Jack
  • Hey Jack - thanks for the response - I'm actually in the process of trying to upload my own current version into my server - it's been a while as I hung up my techy hat more than a few years ago (the foolishness of that is beyond me) to become a techy Recruiter - however it's amazing how things come back to you once you start tinkering again.

I will keep you posted as to how it goes - so far so good.  And I'm sure I might have some questions. But that's what I love about the techy world - there are so  many channels and pathways - most of the time you're not sure where you are going to end up :-)

though I have to do a SHOUT OUT to the folks on this forum - you give Techies a really good name :-)
  • :) Funny, I hung up my very old manager hat about a year ago--to become a techie.

Jack
  • LOL ok jack - then you the smarter one - :-)
  • Hey Jack - I got it set up - it's actually for a friend of mine - once you've had that "techy" title - your friends come out of the wood work :-)

So far it looks good - There are manuals and user guides on the osticket site that I need to go through to make sure I have a good understanding (I actually like manuals :-)) - 
    One quick question though - with respect to setting up the emails - we will be setting up new ones for the company ticket portal - but I was curious with respect to - in order to make those emails work - validate I guess is the right word - do I use the similar pop and smtp settings that I would use for example when I'm setting up new emails to send and receive on my Outlook for my work emails? Does that make sense?
  • Oh God - this stuff gives me goosebumps...I've got it bad *shaking head* 
  • Perfect sense, even to a recovering manager: ;)

It should be exactly the same as you'd use for a desktop mail client.

Jack
  • lol thanks Jack. I was also checking out their cloud based thingy - seems pretty cost efficient too. I'm ashamed to think how many times i wanted to strangle my hosting provider - but alas then remembered RELAX it's IT :-)
  • Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner... is there anything else that hasn't been answered yet?
    I scanned the thread and Jack seems to have answered all your questions. :)