Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Install language pack without using Phar-Extension

Hi @ all,

I recently updated OSticket from 1.7 to 1.9.4(stable) and noticed that my hosted server does not support the PHP-Extension for PHAR.
Is there any way of installing the language pack (e.g. German) without this plugin? 

I already tried downloading the extracted files from http://i18n.osticket.com/  and putting them into ../include/i18n/de/. After that I could see another language in the profile's preferences and settings. Changing the language does not have any effect at all. 

And yes, I already asked my provider to install PHAR-Extension on his servers, he won't do so for the moment.

I could imagine that I am not the only one who needs to run multinlanguage without having PHAR enabled, so any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Matthias

Comments

• I don't know about the language packs, but the plugins will read the .phar OR the extracted files.
    I would recommend that you get the language pack from osticket.com/download and extract them yourself.
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for yout hint. I already looked there but could just find the PHAR.File do be downloaded.
    Is there a way to extract the PHAR-File without a PHP-Server featuring PHAR-extension?
    I really don't know where else to search. Maybe some German user already installed it using PHAR and could provide the extracted files.

Cheers

Matthias
  • edited December 2014
    I found the translation files, and already tested them (see my first post):
    " I already tried downloading the extracted files from http://i18n.osticket.com/ and putting them into ../include/i18n/de/. After that I could see another language in the profile's preferences and settings. Changing the language does not have any effect at all.  "

• edited March 2015
    Hi Matthias, unfortunately I have no experience if it is possible to extract a phar file on a server without the phar extension, but I could temporarily provide you the German files (tomorrow). Beside that, since we host osTicket on our own server, I never tested to use the extracted files and not the phar, so no experience here either. When I find the time I will test it also. Maybe tomorrow, maybe before Christmas, maybe before the new year, maybe in early 2015, just don't know, but definitely going to test it ;) Finally, as a translator and proofreader of the German language pack, let me know when you are interested in joining the German translation over at crowdin (i18n.osticket.com) or when you found a typo / error / bug in the German translation. Cheers, Michael
  • Hi Matthias,

attached a .zip file with the extracted German .phar.

Greetings,
    Michael
    de.zip
  • Hello Michael,

Thanks for your help. It is not that urgent...no need to step away from the christmas tree.

Regarding translation project: Sure I would like to contribute, but first I would love to see the language pack running on my instance, so I know what it is about.

Happy X-Mas, Frohe Weihnachten,

Matthias
  • Hi Matthias, attached a .zip file with the extracted German .phar. Greetings, Michael
    It works fine - Thanks
  • Please! I have the same problem!! But i dont know how to extract the spanish .phar, can anyone do it?

Cheers
  • i have the same issue with arabic.
    i have uploaded the arabic translation files from  http://i18n.osticket.com/, but stilll the same issue.
    dashboard buttons are still in english.
    check ticket status page is still in english.
    kindly guide
    regards
  • @hassanzaidi512 this thread is from Dec 2014.
    Killing zombie thread with a head shot.

The multilanguage feature has not been announced as finished.
    If you are having a problem please start your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.