Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Priority Text Color

I am attempting to color code the ticketing system to match the organization logo/color scheme.

Changing the background color of the ticket priority was fairly simple (change the hex code in the ost_ticket table in the database), but changing the color the priority column text seems more complex.

I located the following in the main.css file:

td,th {
FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
color: #3E3E3E;
text-decoration: none;
border: none;
}

However, this changes the text color for ALL items on the main ticketing system page.

Has anyone attempted this mod, or know of an easy was to do it with CSS, or possibly changing code in conjunction with adding to the database somehow?

Comments

• Unfortunately the :contains() CSS selector has been deprecated, which could have made it much easier.

However, there is still an easy way to do this but it will require you to edit some PHP. This should also work in both 1.6 and 1.7.

Inside ~/include/staff/tickets.inc.php, find (Ctrl+F) $row['priority_color'];

Once you've found the line, replace
    class=\"nohover\"
    with
    class=\"nohover priority_<?=$row['priority_id']?>\"

Then you should be able to add a style for each of the different priority levels:

td.priority_3 {
    color: #FF0000;
    }

For the list of priority IDs, refer to the database table (the same place you changed the HEX for the background).
  • Thanks so much for this info, Beardy! You just saved me a world of grief trying to accomplish the same thing that rjkunde set out to do.
  • where exactly can i put the td.priorityline ?
  • You are not running 1.7, this post was specifically for that version.  I don't know if it will work with 1.8, or 1.9.  But the entry would go in the css file for the staff side.