Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Add cc field to tickets

Allow staff to click "cc me" field so they can follow tickets of interest via email.

Comments

• I have implemented this feature, but in a slightly different manner. I added a tab, "Add CC," to the tabber or the viewticket page, where an email address can be added to the ticket. It required several modifications to the system, but if you're comfortable with editing the code, I could help you add this to your system.
  • Please give me code to add cc field asap
  • I could certainly use some guidance or code to implement this. Please reply.
  • add CC tab in osTicket 1.7

please share the code to add CC tab in osTicket 1.7
    kholbylawson;30611 said:
    I have implemented this feature, but in a slightly different manner. I added a tab, "Add CC," to the tabber or the viewticket page, where an email address can be added to the ticket. It required several modifications to the system, but if you're comfortable with editing the code, I could help you add this to your system.
  • cc option on ticket reply

Please share any code on this
  • Technical challenge?

I feel like I'm missing something. :confused: I see forum posts dating back to 2008 regarding the CC email issue. There have been several updates to osTicket since that time and non of them have addressed the ability to CC multiple email addresses.

Being able to CC additional email addresses seems like it would be considered basic functionality of any email based ticketing system. Is there an outstanding technical issue that's holding back the addition of this functionality?

Isaac
  • On the contrary, 1.6ST had a mod for doing this written by Scottro.

Available at:
    http://www.sudobash.net/osticket-send-reply-to-alternateadditional-email-addresses/

And 1.7ST has a mod (which is an updated version of Scottro's mod but without the BCC option).

Available at:
    http://www.tmib.net/mod-staff-cc-ticket-responses-osticket-17st

Both were cross posted in the mods section of the forums (or at least there was a link from the mods section to the external sites).
  • Do I need a mod?
    ntozier;42833 said:
    On the contrary, 1.6ST had a mod for doing this written by Scottro.

And 1.7ST has a mod (which is an updated version of Scottro's mod but without the BCC option).
    Thanks for posting the links to those mods Ntozier. However, I don't consider a mod core functionality. Don't get me wrong, mods have their place but in this circumstance, relying on a mod for what should be core functionality can have unintended consequences. Least of which is the fact that future upgrades of osTicket aren't guaranteed to work with third party software.

Is the CC feature on the roadmap or are we supposed to be using mods for this functionality going forward?

Thanks,

Isaac
  • I'm not aware of it being a planned feature at this time.

I personally wouldn't and don't wait for the devs to add something to core.
  • Project milestones

Is there a public project timeline available?
  • Not that I'm aware of.
  • Almost there, but not quite

I appreciate the post. We have been looking for this solution for some time however it is not quite working.

We are on 1.7ST. I followed through and made the edits on the script pages. When I test, I will receive the "to" email and the CC field will be populated in the email itself, but the email never makes it to the CC recipient. We are using SMTP as our outgoing. We use it because it works better with less glitches. I turned off SMTP and just used PHP mailer for a test and the CC email worked perfectly. Any suggestion on how to get working with SMTP? Thank you!
  • bmccreight;43121 said:
    Any suggestion on how to get working with SMTP? Thank you!
    Does it have to be a CC recipient? We're on 1.6 and using SMTP - I discovered if I applied the change in the mod I could comma separate recipients in the To field as a workaround.
  • CC would be preferred because there may be times were we just need to get a response from someone else or make them aware of the ticket, but they don't need to receive every correspondence on the ticket. However, I did try adding a secondary email to the "TO" field in 1.7ST and it won't validate so it won't save. I appreciate the suggestion.
  • Nothing complicated

A simple feature that allows the REPLIES to be cc'd to multiple recipients would suffice. Even if it meant that the CC'd recipient wouldn't be able to reply to the ticket. This would be a good start.

The majority of the time, when it comes to my tickets, the cc'd recipients are just being kept in the loop and wouldn't be updating tickets anyway.
  • this mod works well, I tried it today.

http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15969

I downloaded the zip and checked the code and installed it on our 1.7 version

FYI we use SMTP sending
  • Feature request #685

I've found the project page on github that includes project milestones and open tickets etc.

Interestingly I couldn't find an open feature request for the CC email issue so I created an "official" feature request on the project site. The issue is #685 and can be found here on gitbub.

Feel free to add your comments to the open feature request on github.