Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

how to return osticket variable?

Hello,
I am trying to integrate my customised module from ost1.6 to ost1.9                    

Can anybody tell me what is the good way replacing the code snippet in my 

include/staff/header.inc.php ?

<? if(!defined('OSTSCPINC') || !is_object($thisuser) || !$thisuser->isStaff() || !is_object($nav)) die('Access Denied'); ?>

<?=$thisuser->getUsername()?>

Comments

• Can please provide more info what you are trying to achieve.

Currently I have no idea what you really want and what the module is that you want to integrate back into 1.9.

As a side note, the code between 1.6 and 1.9 was heavily re-written, so I don't know if it will be that easy to get your module back into ost - but hey, nothing's impossible ;)
  • edited January 2015
    i have created a chatbox along the installation of osticket system. when i open the admin panel it display a chatbox to all of my staff for their group work discussion. But 

For running the chatbox i want to use get method to return this value in href of a  <a> tag as follow. 

index.php?username=<?=$thisuser->getUsername()

is there any idea imageto retrive these value?
  • Unfortunately I have to give up on that since I am not so deep into osTicket modifications, but my approach would be to write a standalone script / function to get the username and everything else from osTicket database directly or try to call the getUsername function somehow. But as mentioned already, I am not so deep into modifying osTicket, so just suggesting how I would try to get around with this.
  • Anyhow thank you for your suggestion. See you at next