Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

ldap Batch import

Alright, I got OSTicket going yesterday on our LAMP server and LDAP plugin going, it is working just fine as I am able to create agents etc. pulled right from our AD login/auth etc... - Good and good.

I want to set the Ticket system so users cannot register as this will be internal only so I would like to add all existing users into OSTicket database so they can simply login. I am able to go into "Agent Panel" > "Users" and (Add User) however this appears to be one at a time I have over 450 users! I noticed the CSV method via "Import" but it appears that wouldn't pull the AD info? I did test one user ( Went into "Manage Account" - It wanted me to "Register" the user and select Local or LDAP Auth). For Authentication Sources, before that user was registered and not "Guest"

Is there a work around to this or is this a horrible task I will have to assign my level 1 team?

Thank you,

Comments

• Agent panel -> Users -> Import.

You will need to export your users from LDAP/AD into a csv.
  • Thanks for the reply, this is what I get once I try to import our list

First Line:

user@domain.com: Unable to map header to a user field

Not sure what that error means? this is how the CSV looks:

(First 3Lines)

user@domain.com,UserFirstName UserLastName
  • You appear to be missing some fields.

I think that you need the first line

Email,Name, Phone, Notes
    user@domain.com,UserFirstName UserLastName, 123-123-4567,

• I am having the same issue as well.
  • @jferrand11 if you are having an issue please start your own thread.
    This thread is from Feb 2015.
This discussion has been closed.