Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Agent New Ticket Page - Autofill User Information

Hello,

I am currently running osTicket 1.9.4, and wanted to autocomplete the User Information form found in /staff/ticket-open.inc.php, which is the Agent Panel -> Ticket -> New Ticket page.

I know exactly where I need to edit the php file's form, however I need to access the name and email address values for the agent that is currently logged it. This would allow them to simply close the pop-up box and start entering Ticket Information and Options.

If someone could kinda point out how to access these individual agent attributes I would greatly appreciate it!
Tagged:

Comments

• So, do i understand that correct, that you always want the end user account of the current agent to be filled in as the ticket owner when an agent creates a new ticket at the agent panel?
  • Yes, currently the agents only want to fill out a ticket under their own name/email instead of getting the name/email of whomever talked to them, as usually it is simply in passing in the office that someone mentions the issue.
  • You'd have to modify the osTicket source code to achieve this, since it's not possible via an UI option.
  • Yes I understand that I need to modify the source code. I was hoping someone knew how to access the agent properties in the /staff/ticket-open.inc.php file.

My assumption is that it is something like $thisstaff.name and $thisstaff.email to access the information on the currently logged on staff member (agent).