Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Need to Change an Agent to a User

I have an agent in my ost system that is no longer a part of the it dept but still an employee.  I want to remove their access to the agent/admin panel but still allow them to create a ticket if they have an it issue.  

Is there a way to change their user type?

If not can I delete them and then create a new account for them as a user?

if I delete them what effect does that have on tickets that they closed?

This agent does not have any opened or assigned tickets, however they do have closed tickets and I do not want to loose that history.
Tagged:

Comments

• Q: Is there a way to change their user type?
    A: NO

Q: If not can I delete them and then create a new account for them as a user?
    A: Yes

Q: if I delete them what effect does that have on tickets that they closed?
    A: When I look at our osTicket, the only thing I see that changed after we deleted on of our former agents (John Doe) was that the "closed by" field is then empty. But in the history you can still read the the ticket was closed by "John Doe", so shouldn't be a problem.
  • It would be great if in the new release we could configure Agent's statuses. ex: Active, Canceled, Inactive or something like that.
  • Agents can already be disabled?
    Admin panel -> Agents -> Account Status: