Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Serious performance issues

I wonder if you could help.

I am not sure when the issue started, most likely when I upgraded osTicket to 1.9.4 a couple of months ago or a bit later.

I am experiencing big performance issue whenever I submit anything from the agent panel like upgrading a ticket description etc. It sometimes takes 30 seconds up to 2/3 minutes to save the form. My database is really small (600+ tickets). The server is not busy with other applications whatsoever -- when I look at the performance graph it shows disk activity next to nothing (0-3%). But when I try to save anything -- it goes really mad and quickly jumps up to 90-100% of the volume/iSCSI activity (see the attached picture) and the whole server becomes unusable... :(

I did a disk S.M.A.R.T test, mysqlcheck, defragmentation etc etc -- no help at all!
Recently I upgraded to 1.9.7 -- same issue.

My machine is Synology DiskStation DS214Play.

Please advise what else I can check/optimize. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    My guess would be because your running a NAS, a webserver, and a database server on a NAS device... but honestly Ihave no idea.  What version of PHP, MySQL, etc are you running? 
    Side question: whats if got for a processor and ram?

I'll ping the devs to ask them to take a look at this thread to see if they have any ideas.