Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Auto ticket

Hi Everyone,

We use a main email address for our osticket system, is it possible if someone mails to this address that there is automatically a ticket created ? 
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Mounir

Comments

• You need to e.g. setup POP/IMAP to receive/send mails (email tickets)

You first need to add a new email address or modify the system email address.
    Just go there: Admin Panel -> Emails -> Emails  OR  scp/emails.php
    There you can also specify your SMTP and IMAP/POP settings ;)

Additionally some wiki articles you should check out:
  • I looked into the links but i did not find the required solution.
    Mailing is working fine when i create a ticket or receive an update and so on.

The thing i want to achieve if a customer sends an email to the Default System Email there is automatically a ticket created.

• http://osticket.com/wiki/POP3/IMAP_Setting_Guide
    pay close attention to the section about "Schedule Polling"
  • Thnx ntozier,

This is the line i've added :
    */5 * * * * root /usr/bin/php /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/include/api.cron.php 

These are the errors :
    PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'INCLUDE_DIRclass.cron.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/include/api.cron.php on line 3

Im receiving now this is error :  osticket php: PHP Fatal error:  Class 'ApiController' not found in /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/include/api.cron.php on line 5

Do you know what is wrong ?
  • On the internet i read the solution is : Your include_path doesn't contain the path of the script you're executing.
  •  There are no more errors ":

tail -f cron
    Jun  4 14:25:01 osticket CROND[25069]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/php /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/api/cron.php)
    Jun  4 14:30:01 osticket CROND[25110]: (root) CMD (/usr/lib64/sa/sa1 1 1)
    Jun  4 14:30:01 osticket CROND[25111]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/php /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/api/cron.php)
    Jun  4 14:35:01 osticket CROND[25181]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/php /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/api/cron.php)
    Jun  4 14:38:01 osticket crond[2072]: (*system*) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/raid-check)
    Jun  4 14:40:01 osticket CROND[8334]: (root) CMD (/usr/lib64/sa/sa1 1 1)
    Jun  4 14:40:01 osticket CROND[8335]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/php /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/api/cron.php)
    Jun  4 14:41:18 osticket crond[6596]: (CRON) STARTUP (1.4.4)
    Jun  4 14:41:18 osticket crond[6596]: (CRON) INFO (RANDOM_DELAY will be scaled with factor 56% if used.)
    Jun  4 14:41:18 osticket crond[6596]: (CRON) INFO (running with inotify support)

• Tried also with : /usr/bin/php /var/www/osTicket-v1.9.3/upload/include/api.cron.php

And :

wget -q --user-agent=(API KEY)  http://192.168.0.X/api/cron.php

Also no errors ; what could be wrong ?
  • edited June 2015
    is "/usr/bin/php" the path to your PHP5?

Have you checked your PHP error log? (PHP CLI often uses a different php.ini and so could have a separate log file)