Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

ugh

I dont know what I did but I broke something, I pretty much had everything working the way I wanted and all of the sudden I started getting this as soon as a staff member logs in:
[SELECT ticket.ticket_id,lock_id,ticketID,ticket.dept_id,ticket.staff_id,subject,name,email,dept_name ,status,source,isoverdue,ticket.created,pri.*  FROM ost_ticket ticket LEFT JOIN ost_department dept ON ticket.dept_id=dept.dept_id  LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_priority pri ON ticket.priority_id=pri.priority_id  LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_lock tlock ON ticket.ticket_id=tlock.ticket_id AND tlock.expire>NOW()   WHERE (ticket.dept_id IN (,4) OR ticket.staff_id=4) AND status='Open' AND (ticket.staff_id=0 OR ticket.staff_id=4 OR dept.manager_id=4)  ORDER BY priority_urgency,ticket.created DESC LIMIT 0,25] - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '4) OR ticket.staff_id=4) AND status='Open' AND (ticket.staff_id=0 OR ticket.staf' at line 1

I think the problem is in tickits.inc.php but I dont even think I touched this file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Comments

• SELECT ticket.ticket_id,lock_id,ticketID,ticket.dept_id,ticket.staff_id,subject,name,email,dept_name ,status,source,isoverdue,ticket.created,pri.* FROM ost_ticket ticket LEFT JOIN ost_department dept ON ticket.dept_id=dept.dept_id LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_priority pri ON ticket.priority_id=pri.priority_id LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_lock tlock ON ticket.ticket_id=tlock.ticket_id AND tlock.expire>NOW() WHERE (ticket.dept_id IN (4) OR ticket.staff_id=4) AND status='Open' AND (ticket.staff_id=0 OR ticket.staff_id=4 OR dept.manager_id=4) ORDER BY priority_urgency,ticket.created DESC LIMIT 0,25
    Thats the query that it should be doing, there was an extra coma in the IN syntax, check your code and replace that value.
    Give me a yell if you don't know how to do that, I haven't gotten to read through the code enough to tell you where is that from. :)
  • Im pretty sure the query is built by ticket.inc.php I need to see if I can find where the IN is put into the string.
  • ok on line 66 of tickets.inc.php there is this

$qwhere =' WHERE (ticket.dept_id IN ('.implode(',',$depts).') OR ticket.staff_id='.$thisuser->getId().')';

I changed it to this:
    $qwhere =' WHERE (ticket.dept_id IN ('.implode($depts).') OR ticket.staff_id='.$thisuser->getId().')';

and everything works, but it seems like that comma must have been there for some reason.

Ill let you know if there are more problems.

Jason
  • Jason,

I guess you are in the school of "don't find the root cause just make it work!" Joking a side your "fix" will have issues as soon the user's group is given access to more departments.

What did you change to cause the error and why?
  • Im not sure what I changed, i was just doing some small customization, I commented out the directory and knowledge base tab, changed the wording on some stuff, things like that.

When I was trying to fix it I reuploaded the entire includes directory and the includes/staff directory and that didnt fix the problem.

Im not much of a programmer I just kind of hack at stuff until I get it to work like i want.
This discussion has been closed.