Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Mailer Error - Authentication Failture code 220, response; begin TTL Negotitaion

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my osTicket emailing alerts out. See this screenshot for reference. We are running osTicket v1.7.0. 

We have osTicket send alerts to a Windows Server that is running mDeamon. That relay then emails out to our Exchange 2010 server or out to our customers. The log in the screenshot that I linked is absolutely flooded with the following errors:

Mail Fetcher - Type = Warning: Excessive errors processing emails for m.domain.com/support@domain.com. Please manually check the inbox.
Log Date: Aug, Wed 5 2015 10:26am EDT IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Mailer Error - Type = Error: Unable to email via SMTP:m.domain.com:587 [alerts@domain.com]
authentication failure [SMTP: STARTTLS failed (code: 220, response: Begin TLS negotiation)]
Log Date: Aug, Wed 5 2015 10:25am EDT IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I'm hopeful that someone in the community here will have some insight.

Thanks for reading.

Tagged:

Comments

• 1.7.0 is pretty ancient and is no longer supported.  I would recommend that you upgrade.

I can tell you that TLS is failing though.
  • can you show an screenshot of the smtp settings page ? ( for your security, credentials field blurred of course )