Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Receiving emails from unwanted sources

Hi

As a test I have set up ost@mydomain.com as the Default System Email, I then notice several new tickets created from unrelated emails from mydomain.com, I then created an email filter to blockemails from mydomain.com as I only want to receive tickets externally, but now it's creating tickets from external sources aimed at other@mydomain.com.

I can't figure out why this is happening as I was expecting only creation of new tickets when emails sent to ost@mydomain.com

Am I missing something?
v1.9.8.1

Thanks

Comments

• I feel like you would need to proved screen shots of your filters, email setup, etc so that we can see what you mean. 
  • Hope this is enough.

2015-08-28 11_47_44-osTicket __ Admin Control Panel.jpg
    951 x 725 - 188K
    2015-08-28 11_49_48-osTicket __ Admin Control Panel.jpg
    956 x 627 - 165K
  • So to me it looks like:
    • You setup a filter to block any email sent from a user using a @mydomain.com email.
    • You also have "Accept all emails: [X] Accept emails from unknown Users" checked.
  • Thanks ntozier

I was not sure what to do here. So I guess "Accept emails from unknown Users" needs to be disabled?