Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

DB Error #1366

Hi Everyone,

We are using OSTicket v1.6 ST (I understand this version is out-dated and should really be upgraded).

We have recently moved from Microsoft Exchange 2007 to Microsoft Office 365.

Since the change, we are receiving "DB Error #1366 - Incorrect string value: 'xA0x0Dx0A' for column 'message' at row 1"
I understand this is due to the way OS Ticket is interpreting/handling characters within the email.

Is someone able to please help me fix this issue?

If this version is unsupported and the only solution is to 'upgrade', I will need some help with these questions.
As I wasn't the one who implemented and setup OS Ticket, I'm currently not aware of the custom code/mods that are applied our setup.
From what I've read, any customisations or mods will be lost during the upgrade.

- How can we determine what customisations or mods are currently applied?
- Will upgrading DEFINATELY resolve this error?
- Are there any other potential issues we need to take into account?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

  • You haven't really provided us with any information about your setup.  Such as if that's sending or receiving.  how your are receiving, etc. 

    Yes 1.6ST is no longer supported and ancient.  Upgrading my fix your problem, but we would need more information to determine whats happening and why.  You may be able to check your mail server error logs and see whats going on also.

    The only way to tell if you have mods installed would be to compare the files in your installation to a stock 1.6ST archive.  I have a copy over at: http://tmib.net/files/OST_1.6.zip

    Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.
  • Hi ntozier,
    Thanks for the prompt response.

    My apologies, I don't have much experience with osTicket or PHP.

    We receive this error when osTicket runs the 'cron.php' and converts mail in the mailbox into a ticket.
    Note: this doesn't happen on every email. It appears to be happen on emails with images etc.

    Operating System: Windows Server 2003 R2
    Mail Sending: SMTP
    Mail Fetching/Receiving:
    Protocol: IMAP
    Encryption: SSL

    We have been using this exact setup with Exchange 2007 and it has been seamless.
    We only started to have issues when we migrated our mail to Microsoft 365.

    Please let me know what other information I can provide that will assist you.

     

     

  • There have been a ton of changes to mail over the past few years (and versions of osTicket).  While I cannot be 100% sure, I am confident that upgrading would alleviate the issue that you are having.  

    This article ought to assist you (although the version numbers aren't a perfect match the basics haven't changed).  

    http://www.tmib.net/how-to-upgrade-osticket-from-1.6st-to-1.7rc4

    or 

Sign In or Register to comment.