osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
Facebook integration plugin
I have created a Facebook integration plugin that allows customers to create tickets by sending messages to a Facebook page. When the staff answers the response will be posted back to Facebook so the customer never has to leave Facebook.
This is an early version which needs more testing and not really ready for production. If anyone is interested in testing and/or developing this further, please let me know.
This has been implemented as a pure plugin, no core files has been modified. With that said there are some things that could be changed upstream to make this even better.
Wishlist for upstream changes:
- The sources for tickets are hardcoded. So tickets from Facebook can only have the source "Api" or "Other". I would be nice to have these dynamic so it could say "Source: Facebook"
- To post responses back to Facebook I tap into the signal "model.created". Even though this work, it would be nice to have a proper way of creating new ticket sources in plugins.
Todo for this plugin:
- To get this plugin to work you need to specify some Facebook tokens and other ids which is not so user friendly. A better way of setting it up would be nice
- To set the help topic you need to specify the raw help id. A dropdown would be nicer.
- No paging is implemented. If there is more new content to be fetched between polls to Facebook, than returned in one request, they might be lost.
Find the code in the facebook-branch here: