Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Auto assign organization or company

Is it possible to have a ticket or user be assigned to an organization based the email address they send to or a specific form page? 

I am a consulting firm that has multiple companies.  I need to be able to organized the tickets as they come in based on the company.  I have email piping setup and working.  I was wondering if I give them a specific email to send support requests to, whether osticket as some  way of automatically assigning them to an organization?  

Alternatively I would also like to be able to send them a url to a form that they can use that is specific to their company.  when they complete the form they the ticket or user is organized by company which can be a prefilled field or hidden value etc... 

I could do a list but I don't want them to have to scroll through a list of all the companies my company supports to find theirs.  There must be a way to do this.

I am running osTicket v1.10-RC.2

Comments

• Since your running v1.10rc2
    I think that you could achieve this either via Ticket Filters
    -or-
    Agent panel -> Users tab -> Organizations -> Click on the Organization -> Click on the Organization -> Click on Settings -> "Auto Add Members From:" fill out the domain name.

This isn't something that I have tried to do.
  • That is getting somewhere for sure.  I completely missed that settings area.  

As for ticket filter, I am having trouble adding rules to new filters.  When I click on the add rule button nothing happens.  Running chrome browser.  I started another thread for that issue though.
  • So is it possible to send each company a link to a specific form that is for that company and has prefilled fields or variables that specify department or organization.

I am think that maybe by modifying open.php for each company or something like that?
  • OS?
    webserver?
    php version?
    php error logs?

Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.
  • I just ended up creating a custom open.php and dependent files for the individual company that assigns any ticket that is posted from it to a specific department with out user input.  that along with setting up a unique incoming support email address that is also mapped to a department seems to fit my needs.  Thanks
  • Same problem here, clicking "Add a form > Add" will not do anything

OS?
    Server: Linux webm003.cluster023.gra.hosting.ovh.net 3.14.79-grsec-hosting-web-3.14 #1 SMP Thu Oct 20 14:47:42 UTC 2016 x86_64
    User: OSX Sierra, chrome

webserver?
    Apache 2.0

php version?

php error logs?
    No request visible under inspect > network. PHP logs not available

Shall forms be created first?