Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Cannot use SMTP to send mail... help me to config

I posted many times about this problem but I'm still not sastisfied. I changed and configed according to below information:
- php.ini file:
+ remove semicolon in: ;extension=php_smtp.dll.
+ SMTP = smtp.gmail.com, smtp_port = 465, sendemail_from = [email]abc@gmail.com[/email]

- enable the "New message" and "New ticket" under "Autoresponders in Department menu and Setting menu (Global setting)

- I tested and run below scrip. It's good
+ <?php
$to = 'example@example.com'; //my email
$subject = 'the subject';
$message = 'hello';
$headers = 'From: [email]webmaster@example.com[/email]' . "\r\n" .
'Reply-To: [email]webmaster@example.com[/email]' . "\r\n" .
'X-Mailer: PHP/';

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

What should I do?!!
anybody help me...
:mad:

Adding:
I installed osticket 1.6 RC4 on Windows, used Wamp c2
________
vaporizer reviews

Comments

• I also responded in another thread, but this thread is perhaps better to continue.

What I was wondering is if you added the following lines to the main.inc.php file of osTicket:
    ini_set('SMTP', 'smtp.abc.net'); // SMTP of your provider (same as in Outlook) 
    ini_set('sendmail_from', 'ht@abc.net'); // Your emailaddress
  • Thanks for your replying.

Yes, I also added that but osticket haven't able sent mail yet. :confused:
    Beside, osticket seem to load and loading... after that it's shown blank page

Next, what must I do?!! :mad:
    ________
    digital vaporizers
  • I am running out of options here... I will ask Corey if he has an idea.
  • fr33d0m;3382 said:
    Thanks for your replying.

Yes, I also added that but osticket haven't able sent mail yet. :confused:
    Beside, osticket seem to load and loading... after that it's shown blank page

Next, what must I do?!! :mad:
    When does osTicket show a blank page?
  • Corey;3400 said:
    When does osTicket show a blank page?
    Thanks for your replying.

Yes, it's.
    When you create a new ticket or update ticket or post comment, sometime it's shown a blank page or it shows "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded...". However, if it's shown a blank page, the task still was executed. I did change the value of Maximum to 120 or 180 (max_execution_time =120) in php.ini file, after that it's shown a blank page. And so on...

Some of error I copy from logs in Wamp:
    [24-Jun-2008 15:34:34] PHP Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\osticket\upload\include\class.misc.php on line 79

[24-Jun-2008 15:34:34] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 180 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\osticket\upload\include\class.misc.php on line 83

[24-Jun-2008 16:05:43] PHP Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. d1sm11683699tid.11 in C:\wamp\www\osticket\upload\include\class.misc.php on line 79

[24-Jun-2008 16:06:54] PHP Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. y5sm4859141tia.8 in C:\wamp\www\osticket\upload\include\class.misc.php on line 79

Pls, give me advice. What should I do?!!
    ________
    extreme q vaporizer
  • I tried to use this code but it is still not working...
  • This fixed my problem.

Thank you!
    4ice;3381 said:
    I also responded in another thread, but this thread is perhaps better to continue.

What I was wondering is if you added the following lines to the main.inc.php file of osTicket:
    ini_set('SMTP', 'smtp.abc.net'); // SMTP of your provider (same as in Outlook) 
    ini_set('sendmail_from', 'ht@abc.net'); // Your emailaddress
  • Hi

Your problem is caused by the fact that gmail requires a secure connection (=TLS).

Here is a good explanation on how to resolve the problem:
    http://byitcurious.blogspot.com/2009/04/solving-must-issue-starttls-command.html
  • edited November 2013
    @Ian, This thread was started in 2008 regarding osTicket 1.6RC4 are you really running such an ancient version of osTicket? If you are I recommend that you upgrade. If not then please start your own thread in the applicable section of the forums for your version and include some information about your setup:

see: http://www.osticket.com/forums/forum...ing-assistance

closing zombie thread.
This discussion has been closed.