Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

TLS authentication

I'm doing the osTicket configuration on a server, but the server requires a TLS authentication to connect via SMTP, how do I start the system to authenticate via TLS?

Thanks! 

Comments

• Can someone help me?
    Thanks.
  • You prevent that somebody could assist you well. 

At least you could tell us which version of osticket you are using and which php version (http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/77766/please-read-before-requesting-assistance#latest) .

Both informations could be useful for this type of question. 

If you are only looking after the place where the setting for the smtp configuration is (this is how understand your question):

1) Configure the mail account you want to use:

2) Set this account as default MTA:

3) optionally you can configure per department which SMTP account will be used:

• Hello, sorry, I use osticket 1.9.12 and PHP 5.4. I think my SMTP configuration is correct, but in conversation with my hosting provider was instructed me to use TLS encryption for sending E-mail, I think it is only that which is missing. Thank you so much!
  • Hello,

I have the same question and problem.
    version v1.10-rc.2 (231f11e)
    but then I fill settings and press save, I get this error: authentication failure [SMTP: STARTTLS failed (code: 220, response: Go ahead)]
  • @HighTower
    Please open an own discussion for your issue. Also note that 1.10 rc2 is Release Candidate 2 and so it's shall not be used in productive environments! (That means it's mainly for testing and feedback to the osTicket devs/team but not yet to be used in production)