Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Office 365 SMTP not working

Hello

I'm very new to OSTicket and im having some issues setting up SMTP email for alerts.
The email account in question is an office 365 account, fully licensed mailbox,
Connector has been setup so i can send non authenticated emails from my external IP.

On the email setup page everything seems to go through ok without any errors, but when i send a test email i get the following error:
Error sending email - try again.

System log shows the following:
Unable to email via SMTP:smtp.office365.com:587 [helpdesk@****.co.uk] Failed to set sender: helpdesk@****l.co.uk
[SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 530,
response: 5.7.57 SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous
mail during MAIL FROM)]

i have this account setup on an MFP with no authentication and it works just fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

OSTicket version: v1.9.12 (19292ad)

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• You haven't provided us with you SMTP Email settings?
    The response from the mail server seems pretty clear: "Client was not authenticated to send anonymous
    mail during MAIL FROM"

"Connector has been setup so i can send non authenticated emails from my external IP."
    So osTicket is hosted on your machine and/or using the external ip?

• edited March 2016
    OSTicket is hosted on a Windows 2012 server.
    Setup using Xampp.
    SMTP address: smtp.office365.com
    Port: 587

Connector is to allow email to be sent from the external IP that the osticket server is hosted on (without authentication)
    Hope that makes sense.
  • Can an admin move this to a more appropriate page, didn't realise I was in the suggestion and feedback section.
    Thanks
  • XAMPP. /shiver
    A lot of people have problems with XAMPP running osTicket.
    So what version of PHP, MySQL, Apache ?
  • I ended up not following through with the install.
    It was hosted on a virtual machine and with all the problems I've had already I've just decided to scrap it.

I am now trying it via Installatron as we have it as part of our hosting package.
    Still cant get my 365 email to work via SMTP though.

I'm not entirely sure how i would point my connector at a hosted version of osticket :(
  • "I'm not entirely sure how i would point my connector at a hosted version of osticket"
    That would be a question for the supportsystem.com.
    I have no idea... but I'm sure that they would be able to tell you.
  • My provider has pretty much confirmed that they do not allow external mail servers, so that answers that.

I may attempt to install it on a windows server again, Windows is the only platform i'm more familiar with.
    At least doing it this way i have more control i guess..

Thanks again ntozier.