Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

How to increase the file upload size when creating a FAQ

Hi all,
New user to OST here.
I am trying to create some FAQs that include user's manuals, but when I try to attach/upload the manuals to the FAQ I get:

the upload size limit in php.ini seems to only apply to when a user is submitting a ticket. Can someone tell me how to change this size limit for FAQs?

Thank you,
j

Comments

• Ok, apparently even though the image appeared when I was typing the question it won't post the image. I get a "File is too large
    undefined"

error message.
  • You would have to adjust your allowed file size in osTicket (and quite possibly at the PHP level).
  • Yes, I know that, but I do not know where to make that change, that is what I am asking.
    I changed the file size limit in the php.ini file, but that did not help. That only affects the file size limit when someone is submitting a ticket.
    Where else is file size limit information stored?
    Thank you,
    j
  • You have to alter the settings in your php.ini and restart your webserver.

The answer to that depends on the version of osTicket.

Admin panel -> Settings -> Tickets -> Attachments:

• Thank you!
    I did not realize the setting under Tickets would affect something in the Knowledgebase section. That would be something that would be helpful to have documented.
    j
  • It was moved not too long ago... and I agree that its not in the "best" place for it to be located.