Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

add more fields for AD/LDAP return value

hi, is that possible if i want add more fields such as department/section for client info since AD return value for department? if yes, how the step and what need to modify?

osTicket Version v1.9.12 (19292ad)
Up to date
Web Server Software Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1i PHP/5.5.19
MySQL Version 5.6.21
PHP Version 5.5.19

Comments

• ntozier there is another way of doing what this poster is requesting. The details in information you're looking to mod are located within the PHAR file for the Ad plugin. There are several ways of unpacking a PHAR file one of which is http://unphar.com/.

This will allow you to see the raw php files within the plugin. From there you will need to add and modify the filters and return fields and then re-phar the plugin and add it back into OSticket.

This should go without saying but this will obviously make your version of the AD plugin completely different from the main version stored and being worked on by the core team on GIT.  So I would keep notes on where and how you modded the code for future reference in-case an update to the AD plugin is released and you need to re-add the custom code.

• There are multiple ways to do it.  I usually recommend @chefkeks mod because it does not introduce any alterations to the core source which in the long run makes people upgrading lives easier.

Personally I finally setup @Chefkeks solution the other day, and while I ran into a few snags (mostly I think because he wrote and tested it on *nix, and I'm in an Win environment).  But once I got it running I started to alter and customize it to suit my needs.
  • since this is under the suggestions section and is a topic directly related to a core plugin what are the odds of the core team accepting a modification to the plugin to allow a user input of filters/ AD fields?

to me rightly or wrongly I see the core fields which are "included" to make sense but it seems equally as silly to have a completely separate plugin to extend the existing plugin with features which could or arguably should just be added as options into the base or original plugin. 

Also on a somewhat similar topic if I might suggest a process to be put in place where plugins and addons can be added to the main download list through some sort of approval process. It would be great if those who have created plugins could gain a wider adoption and perhaps as time progresses those plugins which are most popular might even get pulled into OSTicket core...
  • I didn't even notice that it was in "Suggestions and Feedback".  I'll move it.

Q: what are the odds of the core team accepting a
    modification to the plugin to allow a user input of filters/ AD fields?
    A: with a pull request to the plugin, very good.

Q: if I might suggest a process to be put in place where plugins and addons
    can be added to the main download list through some sort of approval
    process.
    A: There is... submit it as a pull request.