Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Shared Server - API - Invalid API key

I have a website at siteground, and ive installed OSticket, i want to post the ticket from a form that i have on my site using API's

i have created a key by using the IP where the request will be orginated, however it keeps saying Not Valid Key, and also error logs get generated

Since its a shared hosting, the website is not able to be reached using a IP address. the IP is not a dedicated server.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.
  • Thank you for writing back ntozier, I would love to follow the guidelines and unfortunately my queries doesnt fit to come up with those info.

My query is - Since i m from a shared server, i dont have a dedicated IP and hence unable to create a API key , thats because the key is generated with the IP
  • no osticket version.
    your server has an IP address if your site does not.
  • osTicket (v1.9.12) is my OSticket version

and i use www.siteground.com for hosting
    i use GoGeek plan
    109.73.234.16 is my server IP and the OSticket is hosted in another website , so i need to create a API key and get the form to post info to OSticket. Please help
  • HAve you tried using: 109.73.234.16?

Does your network use NAT?  HAve you tried using your outgoing IP address from your network?
  • My network uses NAT yes, hence not just my website uses that IP but few more, it is a shared servrer

What do you think i should do more ?

let me know if you want me to come online to chat with you