Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

3 Problems: reply problem, no auto reply, cannot close tickets.

Hi,

I am a little newbie from the Netherlands. I have installed my e-mailadresses and all the settings in osTicket (v1.9.12) and I have three problems. I hope someone could help me out :)

- When I send an e-mail from my gmail to my e-mailadress linked in osTicket, I get the e-mail as a ticket in the ticketlist (so that's all fine). When I reply on it in osTicket, I see my reply in osTicket, but the reply in my gmail inbox is only the "Response/Reply Template". I didn't see this template when I replied in osTicket to my gmail and the reply in gmail is without original message I have sent. How is this possible?

- I would like to install an auto reply when I receive a new ticket. I think I have installed this on several places, but I still don't get the auto reply e-mail when I test it.

- I cannot close a ticket, although I gave myself permission to close tickets. I do see the "closed" map on top of the ticketpage.

I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you,
Leonie

Comments

• Version of osTicket?
    Replying via email or ui?
    Have you setup email?
    Are you running cron.php?

Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Q. How is this possible?
    A: My guess would be that you didn't alter the default template to include the original thread.

Q: I would like to install an auto reply when I receive a new ticket.
    A: Admin panel -> Settings -> Autoresponder.
    tick "New Ticket" and "New Ticket by Agent"

Q: I cannot close a ticket, although I gave myself permission to close tickets. I do see the "closed" map on top of the ticketpage.
    A: If your agent account has has rights to close tickets then you can close tickets.
    If for some reason you cannot then you should probably be providing error logs, or error messages you get when you try.

• Version is v1.9.12 (as told in the first message)
    Replying via ui
    Email via imap
    Yes, running cron.php

1. Where can I find this? :)

2. I have installed these settings, see:
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/zeegupje/Schermafbeelding 2016-04-19 om 18.55.01.png
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/zeegupje/Schermafbeelding 2016-04-19 om 18.56.00.png

3. I have all rights, see: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/zeegupje/Schermafbeelding 2016-04-19 om 18.58.06.png

Sorry for installed in dutch, but I think you can dream the settings already? ;)
  • Q: Where can I find this? :)
    A: Admin panel -> Emails -> Templates

Q:  I have installed these settings,
    A: if you have already ticked the two things I indicated then it will send an email to the opener confirming there is a ticket.  Assuming that you setup email or that phpmail works (default).

Q: I have all rights
    A: Then you can close tickets.  "If your agent account has has rights to close tickets then you can close tickets. If for some reason you cannot then you should probably be providing error logs, or error messages you get when you try."