Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Definitive Walkthrough: How to integrate osTicket in to Wordpress

[CENTER]image

How to integrate osTicket in to Wordpress
This is going to take a while for you to go through, so make yourself a cup-a

Hi Everyone![/CENTER]

Yesterday I spent countless hours searching through these forums, google and other blogs/websites for solutions on how to nicely integrated OST in to Wordpress. While I found interesting articles, I also found that none of them where complete, so. By a combination of several solutions, fixes and other stuff I figured out myself, I figured I´d give back to the community and write out a guide in a as simple as possible manner so anyone and everyone can do it, without spending countless hours researching, massive trial and error runs and so on.

So I´m going to give you two options, you can either follow the step by step guide of modifications needed or you can download a package I put togueter with all the modifications needed in the form of a new install which you´ll find at the end of this post (you may use whatever suits you better).

Once verified it works by everyone and we do any adjustments needed to this thread, I think it would be even more helpfull if we either sticky the thread or add it to the wiki or both, but that´s up to the moderators ; )

Requirements:

• You will need to meet osticket´s install requirements (obviously), you can find out what these are here under the "Pre-Requisites" section. If you´re not friendly with server mumbo-jumbo, don´t worry, osTicket is a couple of years old now (the latest Stable Release) so 95% of hosting companies will not only meet the basic requirements but will be versions ahead in terms of php, mysql and others. E-Mail piping is a different matter and there´s plenty of threads and guides already that explain it and it´s requirements, but this won´t prevent osTicket from working, just one of it´s features.

• To prevent any possible file corruptions when editing, we´re going to use Notepad++, you can get it here.

• Patience, this is important, make sure you triple-read everything and make sure you don´t copy-paste an extra space, as one little extra space can give you an error, so pay attention!

• This guide assumes that you already have a working Wordpress installation, if you do not, you can get the latest release here and you can follow it´s famous 5 minute set up process here. Again you need to check their install requirements and so on, but I won´t go in to that as you can find plenty of help over at wordpress.org (note that wordpress.org is NOT the same as wordpress.com (the latter being simply accounts hosted on the wordpress server, which is no good to us nor will you be able to integrate nothing with that kind of wordpress system).

• This guide assumes you have an FTP client and know how to use it, if you don´t have one (which would be weird at this stage, since you´re reading this specific guide),you can get "Filezilla" from here (I only mention this one because it´s easy enough, free and quite popular, I myself use "CuteFTP" but that doesn´t matter right now), furthermore, if you´ve never used an FTP Client and don´t know how to, you can go through the Filezilla Tutorial here.
Right so let´s start,

[CENTER]Step 1:[/CENTER]

(you may skip to Step 1-2 if you already have an osTicket installation).

Download osTicket 1.60ST from here & uncompress it, but don´t upload anything to your hosting account just yet. You should have the following:

[CENTER]image

Step 1-1:[/CENTER]

(only for those of you who do NOT have a current install of osTicket)

Create a folder on your desktop called "support" and move the contents of "upload" to it.

[CENTER]Step 1-2:[/CENTER]

(only for those of you who do have a current install of osTicket)

Your osTicket install must be in a folder within wordpress named "support". So for example, this is what a common wordpress install file structure looks like:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

and this is what it will look like with the support folder:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Comments

• [CENTER]Step 2:[/CENTER]

(if you already have an osTicket installation, to evade having to add extra instructions on the guide, it´ll be best if you download your whole "support" folder, so all the instructions following this are the same).

Open main.inc.php, the file is located in the newly created support folder, (which contains the contents of the original upload folder from the osticket zipped file we downloaded earlier) remember to open all files within this guide with notepad++!

You´re looking for line 90 (on notepad++ you will be able to see the line numbering on the left), on which you will find the following text group (line 90 to 98):

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

So, on line 99, press enter so it creates an extra blank line, and on line 99 we will paste the following:

[CENTER]
    if (!strpos($_SERVER[\"SCRIPT_FILENAME\"], \"/scp/\")) {
    $_SERVER[\"REQUEST_URI\"]=\"/support/\";
    include(ROOT_DIR.'../wp-blog-header.php');
    }
    [/CENTER]

Make sure it looks exactly like the following picture (I´ve included the next segment of code just for refference):

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Done? Good, now we save the file and close it.
  • [CENTER]Step 3:[/CENTER]

Open header.inc.php (please, seriously, remember to open all files with notepad++!) which is located in /support/include/client):

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

We´re going to push everything one line down, so, simply click on the first line before any coding (the very beggining of line 1) and press enter, done. Next, on the now empty line one, we´re going to paste the following:

[CENTER]
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    [/CENTER]

So the the first 5 lines should look like this:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Save the file and close.

Now we´re going to open footer.inc.php that´s in the same folder.

We move line 8 down one line and in the now blank line 8 we paste the following:

[CENTER]
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    [/CENTER]

So lines 7 to 10 should look like this:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Save the file and close.
  • [CENTER]Step 4:[/CENTER]

This step is essentially to fix errors that you will encounter with the captcha (which was fixed in another thread by "Rayflexcom" so credit goes to him for this fix) and wordpress page not found errors that look bad and even prevent Internet Explorer from sumitting new tickets at all! (which was fixed by "Erdener" over at Pixelvision so credit goes to him for that fix).

Instead of taking you fix by fix, we´ll just open the necesary files and edit them as we go, I think that will be easier than trying explain why the fixes work and what files are involved.

Open class.captcha.php which is located in /support/include/ (have I mentioned you should open all these files with notepadd++?)

Scroll down to line 48 which should contain the following:

[CENTER]
    Header (\"(captcha-content-type:) image/png\");
    [/CENTER]

What we´re going to do is delete that and in it´s place, we´re going to put the following:

[CENTER]
    Header (\"Content-Type: image/png\");
    [/CENTER]

So lines 48 to 55 should look like this:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Save the file and close.

Now we´re going to open open.php (good naming for this!) which is located in /support.

We´re looking for lines 23 to 28 which contain the following:

[CENTER]
        if(!$thisuser && $cfg->enableCaptcha()){
    if(!$_POST['captcha'])
    $errors['captcha']='Enter text shown on the image';
    elseif(strcmp($_SESSION['captcha'],md5($_POST['captcha'])))
    $errors['captcha']='Invalid - try again!';
    }
    [/CENTER]

And we´re going to swap that for the following (so just ctrl+c the following, select lines 23 to 28 and contrl+v on notepad++):

[CENTER]
        if($thisclient && $thisclient->getId() && $thisclient->isValid()){ 
    }else{
    if(!$thisuser && $cfg->enableCaptcha()){
    if(!$_POST['captcha'])
    $errors['captcha']='Enter text shown on the image';
    elseif(strcmp($_SESSION['captcha'],md5($_POST['captcha'])))
    $errors['captcha']='Invalid - try again!';
    }
    }
    [/CENTER]

So the end result should look like this (now lines 23 to 31):

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Done? Good, but wait! Don´t close open.php just yet! We have another edit to go on that file.

On line 21, you should see the following:

[CENTER]
    if($_POST):
    [/CENTER]

So at the end of that line we´re going to press enter in order to create a blank line under it in which you´re going to paste the following:

[CENTER]
    $_POST['name']=$_POST['fname'];unset($_POST['fname']);
    [/CENTER]

So now lines 21 to 25 should look like this:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Now you can save and close the file.

Now we´re opening open.inc.php which is located in /support/include/client and we´re looking for lines 23 to 25 which contain the following:

[CENTER]
                    <input type=\"hidden\" name=\"name\" value=\"<?=$name?>\"><?=$name?>
    <?}else {?>
    <input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" size=\"25\" value=\"<?=$info['name']?>\">
    [/CENTER]

Which we´re going to swap for:

[CENTER]
                    <input type=\"hidden\" name=\"fname\" value=\"<?=$name?>\"><?=$name?>
    <?}else {?>
    <input type=\"text\" name=\"fname\" size=\"25\" value=\"<?=$info['name']?>\">
    [/CENTER]

So the result should look like:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Save the file and close.

Now, for the sake of skipping one step of the installation, rename the file ost-config.sample.php located in /support/include/ to ost-config.php (or simply from ost-config.sample to ost-config if you don´t see the .php extensions in Windows).

That´s it, we´re done with file editing for now!
  • [CENTER]Step 5:[/CENTER]

(most parts of this step are about uploading our finished support folder to the server, getting round the osTickets install and all that, obviously if you´ve been following this guide from the perspective of already having an osTickets installation on your server, then all you need to do is re-upload the support folder overwriting whatever was in your server before (since you originally downloaded it from your own server and continue on Step 5-1)

We´ve reached that point, we´re going to upload our work, so, go ahead and upload the support folder to your wordpress installation, remember that the folder structure within wordpress should look like this (obviously the interface will vary depending on what FTP software you´re using, but I´m talking about the actual folder structure, ignore anything around it within the screenshot):

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Once it´s finished uploading, don´t install osTickets yet.

[CENTER]Step 5-1:[/CENTER]

Go to your wordpress dashboard, click on "Settings"
    and then on "Permalinks". Now, it should work on any of the options just fine, but for the sake of making life easy, let´s make sure it´s set on "Day and Name".
    Go to your wordpress dashboard, click on "Pages" and then "Add New".

The following is extremely important, if you don´t do it exactly, the integration WILL NOT WORK so please read carefully.

The title of the new page HAS TO BE support and that´s it, publish, do not designate parent, add content, nothing, just, publish. Do NOT visit or view the newly crated page yet.

[CENTER]Step 5-2:[/CENTER]

(Skip this step if you already had osTickets installed)

Go to www.yourdomainname.com/support/setup/

Follow the on-screen instructions and setup osTickets as you would on a normal installation. If you´ve never done it before and have doubts about how to or questions about it (even though everything you need is explained in the process itself) as I mentioned in the first post of this thread you can find all the help you´ll need here.

Once you´ve installed osTickets, you´ll notice on the last step, it´ll tell you to change the permissions of ost-config to 644 so, in your ftp program of choice, if you go to /support/include and scroll down, right click on ost-config.php and there will be an option named set permissions or change permissions or something similar (isn´t bolding text fun?). Instead of ticking options, just write 644 below (should give you the option to do so) and that´s that done (i´ve always found it does it automatically aniway). Next step, as it mentions, delete the setup folder within /support and you´re done with that. Also on the last step of the install process you can click on a link to go to the admin panel (www.yourdomain.com/support/scp), it´s important that you go there now as while you can configure it whenever you want, for the test of seeing if everything went well you need to Activate osTickets or it wont work.

Once you arrive there, you´ll notice that hasn´t changed at all. Don´t freak out!! It´s completely normal. The integration to wordpress is only on the end-users side, as I mentioned before the admin side of things is still independant (logins and what not) and it doesn´t make sense to integrate it. Technically you can, but again, not much sense since only you will see that.

Once you´ve logged in, you´ll see the following:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Again, wether you configure osTickets now or later is irrelevant, but you have to click on "enable" on the top right which will take you the settings page, select "Online (Active)", then further down, "enable captcha" then scroll all the way down and click on "save changes".

Right, fingers crossed, It´s that time!!!!

www.yourdomain.com/support

Ta-Dá!
  • [CENTER]Help, I´m Lazy!:
    Don´t worry! Luciel´s got your lazy back :P[/CENTER]

Because I knew this would happen, I´ve compiled a compressed file that contains the support folder with all the edits already done to it, so all you need to do is follow "Step 5" and you´re done!

However there are some requisites to the use of this package (to make sure you don´t screw up your own installation if you already have osTicket installed) which you can find further down in this post (Question number 5).

You can download the file from here.

File not found!!!!: Yes I know the link doesn´t work, I´ve decided to do a proper package that includes everything you need, so please bare with me for a day while I get it ready : )

[CENTER]Frequently Asked Questions:[/CENTER]

• It doesn´t display correctly (header/footer overlap the osTickets interface, it isn´t centered, other stuff)!!!!
    Assuming you´ve done all the edits correctly, this is due to the CSS files within OST conflicting to the design of the theme of your choosing in Wordpress, and the only way around it is modifying /support/styles/main.css (DO NOT MODIFY ANY OTHER FILES WITHIN OST OR WP), however I cannot help you with this as every theme will be different. However, it should work ok with the most famous and stable themes on wordpress (for test purposes I only tried the three wordpress official themes, i.e. twentyten, twentyeleven & twentytwelve work just fine and/or require very little index.php and/or main.css editing to look perfect).
    • It displays fine but how can I edit the osTicket look so it matches the design of my theme/website?
    For text content, box size and similar you will have to edit /support/index.php
    For colors, text size and other stuff, you will have to edit both main.css and colors.css that are located in /support/styles.
    • Can you help me editing the files from the previous question?
    No, sorry, I´m sure there are plenty of threads here about editing the look and feel of osTickets.
    • Where are my widgets!?
    Unfortunately while it may be possible through more modifications (and I´m pretty sure it is! I may look in to this in the short future if there´s enough demand), the wordpress page containing the osTickets system will not contain widgets, but don´t worry, widgets will display just fine in the rest of your wordpress website.
    • Can I use the "pre-made" packaged file you supplied if I already have an installtion of osTicket?
    Assuming you haven´t edited any files (settings don´t matter as those are saved in the database) then sure, however, DO NOT upload the file ost-config.php within /support/include as it will mess up your install and remember that you still have to follow the instructions within "Step 5".
    • Help, I cannot create a new ticket, it´s as if I hadn´t filled all the fields and/or got the captcha wrong!!
    The edits in Step 4 include fixes for these errors, if you´re still getting them you must´ve done them wrong, double check!
    • On permalinks, I don´t want to use "Day and Name", but when I set it on another type, and go to the support page, nothing is there!?
    This is because "Day and Name" will set the address of a page as the name of the page. However, what you can do is set permalinks to whatever option suits you, then go to pages, edit the support page and below the name, manually change the permalink to support and that should do the trick.
    • Is there a wordpress plugin that somehow integrates osTickets in to Wordpress so I can do all the admin, settings and so on from the Wordpress Dashboard and not have to go through this long, annoying guide?
    Yes, it´s called Zingiri Tickets, however, there´s certain drawbacks; It´s limited in settings, doesn´t always work, has an open ticket limit of 15 I believe (unless you pay for it) and depends on their servers (the plugin keeps settings within their servers which means if their servers go down, the plugin will cease to work, aside from the obvious fact that you depend on them, do you really want your stuff in third-party servers? On a side note, I personally encountered e-mail piping issues that only happened with their plugin but to be fair I´m sure it´s to do with the latest Wordpress 3.5, as I used the same plugin last year and I didn´t have that issue.
    • Can I integrate the osTickets users database within the wordpress users database (so there´s no seperate logins and whatnot) and other similar integrations?
    Judging by the previous question it´s obviously possible, but I´m sure it requires a ton of work and I don´t find the need to look in to it.
    • I don´t know how to use FTP/Wordpress/Configure osTickets Settings/Configure E-Mail Piping/Make a Sandwich/Mix Mentos & Cola/Drive a Car!!!!!!!
    For FTP & Wordpress I posted all the links you need in the Requirements section on the first post of this thread, so please reffer to those, if you have further questions, please post them in the respective forums, or google them. I tried to make this guide as simply as possible, explaining every single step of the way with screenshots and as many details as possible. For the sandwich, seriously!? (Although I´ve always wondered why it´s called a Which made out of Sand), for driving a car, save up and go to driving school (it´s quite expensive!).
    • I get server errors!
    If you´ve followed the guide down to the letter and read everything, then it´s 95% sure that your server/hosting either doesn´t meet the requirements or has some security measures in place/capped features that prevent you from using any/all of the scripts. For that you will have to contact your hosting supplier. 4% is that you´re lying and you did not read the whole thing down to the letter (tut tut!) and the remaining 1% is that I made a mistake (I´m human too even if I did test all of this a lot of times and even redid it as I was writing the guide just to make sure I wasn´t missing anything) in which case a lot of you would have issues and I´m sure we can figure it out.
    • I see the files you mention to open but none of them end in ".php"!
    That´s fine, it simply means that you don´t have the "view file extensions" option ticked on windows, it won´t affect anything, so don´t worry about it (again, just make sure you open all of them with notepad++, I really can´t stress this enough).
    • But Luciel, I´ve already assigned the support name to another page in my wordpress install, are you sure it HAS to be named support?
    It doesn´t absolutely have to be named support, I merely did it that way so as to not create confusion. In order to name it something else, say for example "tickets" (remember this is the permalink name under title that´s important, not the title of the page itself) you would have to reffer to step two:
    So, on line 99, press enter so it creates an extra blank line, and on line 99 we will paste the following:

[CENTER]
    $_SERVER[\"REQUEST_URI\"]=\"/support/\";
    }
    [/CENTER]
    See where it says "/support/"? Just change the word support for, in this example "tickets" so it would look like:

[CENTER]
    $_SERVER[\"REQUEST_URI\"]=\"/tickets/\";
    }
    [/CENTER]
    • What versions of osTicket & Wordpress did you use?
    I used osTicket 1.60ST & Wordpress 3.5 (It also works fine on 3.5.1).
    • Will it work on future versions of Wordpress?
    The short answer is, No idea, but I will know as I use this process to integrate OST in to WP for production websites so they´ll know soon enough something´s wrong when they update, I´ll try to fix it and ammend this guide accordingly.
    • Will it work in 2015 when osTickets 1.7 comes out?
    If we´re still alive by the time 1.7 comes out (hehehe) I´ll most definately see what changes need doing in order to integrate 1.7 in to whatever version of wordpress is around by then (if I or anyone else hasn´t by then, made a plugin to fully integrate OST in to WP).
    • Could this work for Joomla/Drupal/Nuke/Other CMSs?
    Because all of the edits are within OST, maybe. Assuming the permalink system is there (i.e. a new section on the other CMS would also be domain.com/support) and the footer and header calls are the same (if not, just swap them on the osTicket header.inc & footer.inc edits for their equivalents), the nav menu of such CMS is on the header or footer, then should be ok. If there are side columns and you must absolutely need them in the /support page (i.e. for navigation or whatever) then more extensive edits would be required. I may look in to this in the future, but I doubt it since I do not use those CMSs.

[CENTER]Did my many hours of work help you do yours in minutes?
    ...if so, why not show your apreciation with a donation?
    Any amount helps!

image[/CENTER]
  • After so many viewers, some feedback would be nice :(
  • I just found this... I've been looking and looking and looking and....

EITHER WAY - THANK YOU. A MILLION TIMES THANK YOU!!

Even if it doesn't work (which i seriously doubt) thank you. For your time, dedication, patience, for being thorough... All of it. I now know what I'm going to be doing today.

THANK YOU!
  • Seriously...

Hey, this is a definite GEM! I just did a fresh install of the osTicket, so as a seperate 'site', and am missing some (to me) essential parts, which could be handled by integrating it into a wordpress site... So, I will be doing a fresh, new, installation, of a wordpress site and osTicket integration, following your guide...

Maybe I have missed something, and I am surely not lazy (ahum...), but... do you have the package available?

Thanks a lot for the time and effort you have put into this. I will update you on my findings after I've set things up...
  • Anton59;34508 said:
    Hey, this is a definite GEM! I just did a fresh install of the osTicket, so as a seperate 'site', and am missing some (to me) essential parts, which could be handled by integrating it into a wordpress site... So, I will be doing a fresh, new, installation, of a wordpress site and osTicket integration, following your guide...

Maybe I have missed something, and I am surely not lazy (ahum...), but... do you have the package available?

Thanks a lot for the time and effort you have put into this. I will update you on my findings after I've set things up...
    Installed, integrated, checked... works perfectly:) Only thing I don't like, is the use in various themes, as it doesn't (by default) show good in all... Currently am using twenty-eleven, since that shows the support-desk in the best way, but will be tweeking in order to use it in my favourite Graphene theme:)

Again, thanks very much for this walk-through! Whenever you're in the Netherlands, gimme a shout, and I'll buy you a stiff drink...

Hugs,
    Anton.
  • great tutorial

Great tutorial, works perfect, I was wondering now that 1.7 is going to be released if you were going to make a tutorial on how to integrate 1.7 into wordpress...

a couple things i noticed with the new wordpress code, all the edits in main.inc should work and be fine..
    But the code for open.php and the edits for the captcha fix will be different
  • Hi Guys!

Troy14: You are most welcomed :)

Anton59: Yes, it´s possible to modify the css files to get a perfect integration in any theme, unfortunately there´s no global "fix" as it would be different for every single theme. Either way the wordpress standard themes are very decent and can be customized to suit anyone´s needs but feel free to play around with osticket´s css files in other themes and let us know your findings :)

I also meant to get around to doing the package, but I´ve been drowning in work for the last couple of months so I just haven´t had the time, I will though (originally it took a while for anyone to comment this thread so I didn´t even know if it was worth doing so).

As it happens I´ll most likely be in the netherlands in summer so I might just claim that drink! :D

Jason: Yes I will, I have several clients who depend on wordpress and osticket for their business so as soon as 1.7 is officially released I´ll get my hands dirty and hopefully come out with a 1.7 guide as soon as possible!

For all of you if you´d like to support my work, you can get this guide over at smashwords, you don´t have to pay anything if you don´t feel like it (it´s on a pay what you want setting) but just getting it raises my numbers on the site so thanks :)

(https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/279501)
  • Luciel;35972 said:
    Hi Guys!
    Jason: Yes I will, I have several clients who depend on wordpress and osticket for their business so as soon as 1.7 is officially released I´ll get my hands dirty and hopefully come out with a 1.7 guide as soon as possible!
    Hi,
    Just checking to see if you've had a chance to try integrating osTicket 1.7 into wordpress yet. I can try making the changes to the equivalent spots (different line numbers in some cases), but do you know of any major differences that should be noted?

BTW your guide for 1.6 worked great.
    Thanks!
  • No I have not mostly because I´ve been swamped with work however the idea would be to investigate it before the end of may as I have to see what the new features on 1.7 are aniway to see if my clients want it.

At that point I´ll also have a look at the code for any major differences and will test the integration.

And you´re more than welcomed! :)
  • Does not work in 1.7

I tried it on v1.7 and it did not work.
  • Not sure why you would think that it does.
  • Thank you!

Thank you for the walkthrough. I'm in the process of integrating OS Ticket with my wordpress site.

I have my OS Ticket install integrated successfully with my WP theme, however, although users can submit a ticket successfully, they never get to any sort of thank you page - just a white screen or a 500 error after submitting their ticket. Any thoughts as to what might need to be looked in this case?

I have gone through all the steps, and the tickets are submitting, just that hang up. Viewing submitted tickets results in a blank page or 500 error as well (depending on browser).

Thanks for such a great tutorial!

Daisy
  • Hi Daisy,

That´s odd in deed, what address is it taking you to after you submit the ticket (the one that´s giving you a blank page or error).
  • It still says it's sitting at open.php

Thanks for the response :)
  • I actually had to put the get header and footer commands in to each file separately, for some reason it didn't work past the main page unless I did. Now I can get everything loading hunky dory, except that there's a page not found error on every page beyond the main page (which is mapped to a blank 'support' page in WP).

Thanks!
    Daisy
  • Hi Peeld,

You´ve most definately done something wrong, I´d suggest wiping it and starting clean again.
  • Hi Luciel,

It great tutorial, I did integrated ost to wp with your tutorial, and done.

but, i have question about the CSS.

when I integrated to my WP,
    the OST read WP css to style.

how I make different this..?
  • Luciel;38482 said:
    Hi Peeld,

You´ve most definately done something wrong, I´d suggest wiping it and starting clean again.
    Luciel,

Peeld is correct, he hasn't done anything wrong. I think I figured out the issue and how to fix it. I will try to create a detailed instructions and post.
  • Here is the new guide for osTicket 1.7.0 and I also fixed 404 Page Not Found issue.

http://www.kodelibrary.com/development-platform/wordpress/integrate-osticket-with-wordpress/
  • dhruwal;39565 said:
    Luciel,

Peeld is correct, he hasn't done anything wrong. I think I figured out the issue and how to fix it. I will try to create a detailed instructions and post.
    If that´s the case then I´ll gladly stand corrected, be sure to share :)
    dhruwal;39566 said:
    Here is the new guide for osTicket 1.7.0 and I also fixed 404 Page Not Found issue.

http://www.kodelibrary.com/development-platform/wordpress/integrate-osticket-with-wordpress/
    I´ll take a look at this in a couple of days and if it works, with your permission, build on top of it.
  • Luciel;39569 said:
    If that´s the case then I´ll gladly stand corrected, be sure to share :)

I´ll take a look at this in a couple of days and if it works, with your permission, build on top of it.
    Luciel, with the new version of osTicket, I had no issues dealing with captcha, so quite a less changes worked out well.

Also as per your guide, where you included get_header, didn't you face issues of having duplicate and tags?
    Because get_header would add those too, and osTicket had theirs too. I had to get rid of those.
  • dhruwal;39570 said:
    Luciel, with the new version of osTicket, I had no issues dealing with captcha, so quite a less changes worked out well.

Also as per your guide, where you included get_header, didn't you face issues of having duplicate and tags?
    Because get_header would add those too, and osTicket had theirs too. I had to get rid of those.
    I know exactly what you mean and yes it´d make sense you would but I guess you don´t because they are php calls within a wordpress page so I´m guessing they work because OST does not recognise them as valid yet wordpress does and therefore you end up with the wordpress header and footer with ost´s inclusion of such, so technically you do end up with 2 headers and footers but in the right way (one for ost and one for wordpress asthetical integration) if that makes sense?
  • Luciel;39571 said:
    I know exactly what you mean and yes it´d make sense you would but I guess you don´t because they are php calls within a wordpress page so I´m guessing they work because OST does not recognise them as valid yet wordpress does and therefore you end up with the wordpress header and footer with ost´s inclusion of such, so technically you do end up with 2 headers and footers but in the right way (one for ost and one for wordpress asthetical integration) if that makes sense?
    It does make sense, but should not be done that way. Modern browsers kept giving me 500 internal server error till if fixed it. I guess strong browser validation will never allow multiple html/head/body tags, and it is neither a good practice.

But I thank you a lot for giving the overall integration idea. fixes were not that hard to work on.
  • I didn´t get any errors?
  • First I want to thanks Luciel for the great tutorial he did. Nice work.

Now, 6 months later after publishing this tutorial, new platforms are out there: osTicket 1.7.0 and WordPress 3.5.2

I started to follow the steps Luciel described and at Step 2 I saw that the code for main.in.php is different. Instead of lines 90-98, the closed similar code corresponds to line 112-125.

Obliviously, this change is coming from upgrading osTicket to v1.7.

In these conditions can I apply this tutorial to osTicket 1.7?

Regards,
    Alex
  • You may want to use this guide which can work for you.
    pdr-tester;40692 said:
    First I want to thanks Luciel for the great tutorial he did. Nice work.

Now, 6 months later after publishing this tutorial, new platforms are out there: osTicket 1.7.0 and WordPress 3.5.2

I started to follow the steps Luciel described and at Step 2 I saw that the code for main.in.php is different. Instead of lines 90-98, the closed similar code corresponds to line 112-125.

Obliviously, this change is coming from upgrading osTicket to v1.7.

In these conditions can I apply this tutorial to osTicket 1.7?

Regards,
    Alex