Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Append a mail to an existing ticket

Hello @all,

I'm using osticket to manage internal user requests.

For this reason I create a new ticket via mail sent to the email address defined.

After that, I want to append mails to the same ticket number from different email address, because all team can partecipate to complete the ticket.

To do that I type the ticket number [#??????] on the subject.

Problem: the program appends the mail to the requested ticket, only if is sent from the user that create the ticket. Otherwise, the osticket create a new ticket number, also if I set the ticket number on the subject.

Can I have a way to append mail to the same ticket number, only checking the ticket nukber? The email address is no relevant on my case.

I tried to found a solution within the forum, but without solution.

Thanks in advance for support.

• You would need to add the people you want to be able to reply to it as collaborators to the ticket.
    Responses from non-collaborators would generate a new ticket..
  • Hello,

I see that the agent that manage the ticket cannot send reply to the ticket via mail.

In my case, I want to extend this feature to all user, the agent that manage the ticket, too.

Do I have a possibility to make this extension?

• There are threads on the forums that discuss the changes you would need to make to enable Agent email responses.
  • I didn't find, but I will look for, yet.

• Hello,
    right now I didn't find a solution.
    Could you help me?
    I need to append mail to existing ticket from all persons that type on the object the ticket number [#123456].
    Thanks in advance.