Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Office 365

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone can help me? For the past few weeks I've been battling to try and set up my email which I'm currently using office 365 and go daddy is my website host. Basically I cannot get the Sending Email via SMTP function to work. Every time I put in the details it goes red saying 

Failed to connect [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]

Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know of a fix it?
Tagged:

Comments

• You have not provided us with enough information to assist you.  Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

It looks like the mail server refused the connection.
    This could be a fire wall on your server (or the exchange side).
    The Exchange instance might not be configured to accept connections from GoDaddy.
  • Just make sure go daddy is not blocking 993... counld never get 143 to work but its not secure anyway.
    06162016-200625.png
    947 x 302 - 16K
  • The incoming is working its simply the outgoing mail side.
  • But i can send email from thunder bird.. Its just the osticket which wont. So Im guessing port 993 is NOT blocked?
  • Yea that maybe a GoDaddy some hosting sites are known to block port 25 I suggest to contact support they may have a local smtp server for you to use.
  • Will do thanks will contact them again.
  • I'm using an exchange not a server they tell me..
  • Where is Osticket HelpDesk hosted?
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/see-your-smtp-relays-3552

My host blocks ALL external port 25 access I use their smtp relays to send mail.
  • But I use the office365 with them. I cant have both or so they tell me?
  • Thats not how it works. The problem is where OSticket resides. If the Host blocks certain ports there is nothing you can do but use their services. office365 has nothing to do with it.

Most hosting sites block ports 25 and others because of security reasons.
    So if Osticket is physically on Godaddy you need to use their SMTP relay to send mail it works just fine that way ... you will never be able to connect directly to office365smtp servers to send email. The link I posted earlier is all you need to know or contact their tech support.