osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
i would like to suggest a feature.
It would be very friendly if a Support staff personel be able to handle a ticket by simply replaying to his issue notification...
- no need for the web interface.
- powerful response editor.
- set ticket status using keywords (or other ticket parameters.)
- attach files
- Assign the ticket to the person whom replayed ( might need to notify others that this ticket is already handled)
- Trim the Notification text from the reply.
[email]email@example.com[/email] has submitted a support ticket (#874824)
Subject: Computer wont start!
I click the computer button but nothing happen!
in order to over-take this ticket, just reply to this email with your response,
or visit http://portal.example.com/scp......?id=874824
in the replay this text above will not be included, only the user Reuest (in quote)
and the response of the Support staff
Most important, the thread is recorded in the ticketing system.