Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Handle Tickets by Email

Hello,
i would like to suggest a feature.

It would be very friendly if a Support staff personel be able to handle a ticket by simply replaying to his issue notification...

value:
- no need for the web interface.
- powerful response editor.

sub-features:
- set ticket status using keywords (or other ticket parameters.)
- attach files
- Assign the ticket to the person whom replayed ( might need to notify others that this ticket is already handled)
- Trim the Notification text from the reply.

Example:
----
Hello Tomer,

[email]end-user@company.com[/email] has submitted a support ticket (#874824)

Subject: Computer wont start!

I click the computer button but nothing happen!

in order to over-take this ticket, just reply to this email with your response,
or visit http://portal.example.com/scp......?id=874824

----

in the replay this text above will not be included, only the user Reuest (in quote)
and the response of the Support staff

Most important, the thread is recorded in the ticketing system.

Comments

• Hi Ihaveyourmilk,

How would you solve the problem of several techs replying to the same ticket if one implemented your suggestion?

Seem to me this would only work is there is only one tech handling all tickets.

my $.02 worth.
  • Hi,

for me it could be great plugin. We have support staff avaiable from mon to fri. At weekends we have one person on duty on mail. It would be nice to turn on that module to get all mails to iphone or blackberry and reply from that kind of device.

I am interested in, I can help to develop that module but now I do not have any idea how to do this.

Anybody has?
  • I start right now with the osticket software and I thought this is allready possible right now?

@ewhitecap
    I use the zend... ticketsystem and it is possible to correspond only via email with the client. When you have more then one supportmember inside a department the first which answered to the mail is responsible for the communication and the other members get a check-mail that its allready answered.

Cheers
  • Just as it is now, but without web-forms
    ewhitecap;36828 said:
    Hi Ihaveyourmilk,

How would you solve the problem of several techs replying to the same ticket if one implemented your suggestion?

Seem to me this would only work is there is only one tech handling all tickets.

my $.02 worth.
    As TenserD already replied:
    1. the department gets the "New Ticket notification mail"
    2. the first to replay is the responsible.
    3. other techs can replay as well, and since then getting notification of changes with the tickets.

it is kind of like it is now, but with an Email interface instead of writing the answers in Web-forms.
  • This is definitely needed
  • I agree, much needed.
  • Ruchiwebsolutions offers complete web solutions in Hyderabad

If a ticket submitted by email has CC'd recipients they are currently ignored. They should be added to the CC list for the Ticket that gets created.
  • Hi All.

I have written a mod that coves most of the email features you have mentioned above.
    If you haven't seen it, you will find it here: http://www.osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14164

I am also working a CC option, but am looking for some feedback from fellow users for any refinements in below thread:
    http://www.osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14168

I hope this is of assistance.